Quantcast
Blue steel baking sheet - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue steel baking sheet

Wish I was close enough to come over for a slice, that looks great to me.

Sicilian pizza attempt number 2. This is very close to where I want it. I think attempt number 3, where it will be served along with my standard New York style when a couple friends come over, will be just right. One edge burnt slightly when my oven decided to heat past 600*. It's never done that, so either it loves me, or it will explode.

That looks fabulous ER!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

It was pretty tasty.

ER how did it taste? The bread looks dense and over cooked. How long was it in the oven? Thanks for posting
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    ER how did it taste? The bread looks dense and over cooked. How long was it in the oven? Thanks for posting
    On the second pie it was crispy on the outsides and light and fluffy on the insides, exactly as I hoped it would be. It probably looks overlooked because there is cheese on the edges, which considerably browned. Average dough thickness is about a quarter inch, after oven spring, with some large bubbles interspersed. It par-baked with sauce for about 3 minutes, and was in the oven with toppings for about 10. The recipe, from pizza lab, called for 20-25 total, which wasn't necessary at all. It was really good.

The first pie was dense and overcooked, as well as soggy on the bottom, for sure.

Sounds dynamite Jacob. Pictures can be deceiving. You were pretty stingy with the pepperoni thats for sure. HA

I make thus combination that comes from my childhood growing up in Plymouth, MA. The Original Ernies pizza. Chourico sausage, raw green pep, mush, onion w/sharp cheddar and mozzarella.

Also, have you messed with fresh buffalo mortz? What a difference, the only problem is that they contain a lot of water. To combat this I cut up chunks, lay them on a paper towel and seal them under high vac with my chamber vac. I bet a clamp style would work too. You can get those chunks very dry that way.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience with that pan, but I aint giving up my carbon steel any time soon.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

This is carbon steel! The cheese I used on both of these pies was about half fresh mozzarella, but just regular stuff from the grocery store. I cut it up into chunks and lay it out on paper towels for a while, too, but with a sheet pan laying on top to gently press out water. I have found that this is adequate for my needs. I'm a believer in less topping is better than more topping, so the second pie has about 2/3 cup of sauce, and a cup and a half or so of shredded fontina, provolone, and the chunked mozz, with asiago on the edges. I used saucison sec for the meat, and it's definitely stingy on a pie this big, but my wife doesn't like a lot of meat on pizza.