Custom Order for DMT 11.5x2.5 in 4000 grit (4-6 micron)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I will be custom ordering these to complement the 1200 and 8000 plates that I have offered in the past. This is just the heads up, as I want to prepare for this order better than for 8K (have bases, strops made in advance). Also planning to have leather roll made for these to accommodate plates, base, strops and spray. The sharpening kit will be a bit heavy, but it will cover all sharpening needs (600, 1200, 4000, 8000, base, strops, diamond sprays)

More soon.

M

I will be custom ordering these to complement the 1200 and 8000 plates that I have offered in the past. This is just the heads up, as I want to prepare for this order better than for 8K (have bases, strops made in advance). Also planning to have leather roll made for these to accommodate plates, base, strops and spray. The sharpening kit will be a bit heavy, but it will cover all sharpening needs (600, 1200, 4000, 8000, base, strops, diamond sprays)

More soon.

M

I am confused as to what you are saying that you are offering?

I need a strop and Diamond spray and DMT plates for my stones and possibly a mid grit JNS or Synthetic

I am confused as to what you are saying that you are offering?

I need a strop and Diamond spray and DMT plates for my stones and possibly a mid grit JNS or Synthetic

8000 and 4000 are custom order plates in 11.5x2.5 from DMT. I make custom wooden bases and custom felt/leather strops w/magnetic backing for these plates - they could double as strops using felt or leather with magnetic backing, making buying a separate strop redundant.

I like 11.5x2.5" size as it is wide enough and long length for efficient sharpening.

I plan on stocking 600, 1200, 4000 and 8000. I have used these plates for some time and like the quality (US Made). If you look for hassle free (and mud/flattening/soaking free), sharpening on diamond plates is some of the most efficient ways to sharpen knives in all steels, even the most wear resistant.

I am also looking into producing a roll for these akin to knife rolls, to make the sharpening setup more portable (say when you go for somebody's house on Thanksgiving and end up sharpening their knives). Roll would have space for 4-6 plates, 2 bottles (water and diamond slurry), leather/felt strops, and wooden base.

8000 and 4000 are custom order plates in 11.5x2.5 from DMT. I make custom wooden bases and custom felt/leather strops w/magnetic backing for these plates - they could double as strops using felt or leather with magnetic backing, making buying a separate strop redundant.

I like 11.5x2.5" size as it is wide enough and long length for efficient sharpening.

I plan on stocking 600, 1200, 4000 and 8000. I have used these plates for some time and like the quality (US Made). If you look for hassle free (and mud/flattening/soaking free), sharpening on diamond plates is some of the most efficient ways to sharpen knives in all steels, even the most wear resistant.

I am also looking into producing a roll for these akin to knife rolls, to make the sharpening setup more portable (say when you go for somebody's house on Thanksgiving and end up sharpening their knives). Roll would have space for 4-6 plates, 2 bottles (water and diamond slurry), leather/felt strops, and wooden base.

So what you are saying is I can basically kill two birds with one stone getting the DMT plates as they would work with your strops

So what you are saying is I can basically kill two birds with one stone getting the DMT plates as they would work with your strops
Yes, that was the original idea.

Strops and wooden bases are made for these plates, and flatness of the plates makes them ideal for stropping surface.

Base is 1.25" tall and with 3/8" plate thickness gives a nice elevation over the surface.

Between diamond plates and felt strop with 1Micron spray, I can get a knife razor sharp in a very short time, without needing to soak, flatten and deal with mud. Just spray a little water on the plate and go. I haven't used synthetics or natural stones for a long time now.

Base and felt pad for DMT plate
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15947&d=1370467046

count me in for a 4000 plate and roll should you make them Marko.

Hi Marko, i am also interested in the 4000 plate and roll.

I am not going to do prebuys on these, but rather will stock small quantities. They will be available for sale when I will have bases and felt strops made. Rolls are somethings I am still designing, so this might take some time to bring to the market. I might end up making these myself, but the ones I would like to produce will have contrast stitching (rather than rivets) and would require purchase of sawing equipment. I am studying options at the moment.

M

Will be placing an order in a week for following plates in 11.5x2.5 size. I am only going to order a few of each as these are going to be stock items, so if you are interested in any of these, please let me know, so I order accordingly. There are few people in the thread who expressed interest in 4K, so I counted them already.

Placing a custom order for DMT 4K, 8K in 11.5x2.5" on Monday. I am going to order 6 of each. Some are already bespoken, and the rest will go into the store.

M

I already have the 8k and am interested in the 1.2 and 4k along with a 3 plate leather roll.

Marko, I 'd like to add the 335 and 4 k to the 1 and 8 you already sent me, as well as the roll. Hope to catch up soon. Thanks.

Back