Quantcast
LF Tanto tip Suji recommendations

Thread: LF Tanto tip Suji recommendations

LF Tanto tip Suji recommendations

Pretty straight forward request looking for recommendations on a western tanto tipped suji in the 210-240 range. Laser profile (home use), Carbon or SS (pref), and under $300

So far I dig the Kikuichi sujis, but haven't heard too much about them on the forums.

I own a Kikuichi Carbon, and a stainless damascus gyuto. I am very happy with both of them. Pretty esay to sharpen and good edge retention. Don't know if this helps.

i have a kanemasa suji in a 270mm that is pretty great. Sharpens easily and is much cheaper priced than the kikuichi. I also found one on some j-cutlery.com or something close to that for under 100 bucks that had a kiri tip like that.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Suisin inox westerns have that tip and one of my line guys seems to like his enough.

i have one of these and want to get rid of it:

http://www.echefknife.com/high-carbo...0.5-270mm.html

I let a member (snowbrother) borrow my Suisin HC suji when his kit was stolen. If he reads this, perhaps he'd share his opinions of the knife in a pro setting.

Rick
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”