Quantcast
what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    bay area, california
    Posts
    518
    i like pan frying old spagetti. like a big hash brown.

    some awesome comments people.

    leftover salad!! haha..that is an awesome response. salad goes into my compost pile.

  2. #22
    Senior Member spaceconvoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    166
    Chana masala is so good the next day, sometimes I think about not eating it when I make it = more leftovers

    I've been told I'm a freak of nature, but I really hate leftover pizza. Cold is gross and rubbery, microwaved is an abomination, and even if I take the time to fire up the oven, it's dry and flavorless.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Baby Huey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    353
    Chicken and Dumplings are great as leftovers. As far as least liked leftovers I would say most things fried but most of all eggplant fritters there is just nothing worth reheating those.
    It only hurts til the pain goes away........

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceconvoy View Post
    Chana masala is so good the next day, sometimes I think about not eating it when I make it = more leftovers

    I've been told I'm a freak of nature, but I really hate leftover pizza. Cold is gross and rubbery, microwaved is an abomination, and even if I take the time to fire up the oven, it's dry and flavorless.
    I'm with you on both of these...gently re-heated pizza can be even better than the first time as you can get the crust extra-crisp.

    Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Hey Danny, can we get a biryani WIP someday, or at least a good recipe?

    Stefan
    Here's an old-school version:

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2669414&type=3

    I was going to show a quicker, simpler version using a packaged masala, but I guess I never did a photo essay for that

    Z
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26
    leftover roast chicken and rice tossed with the gravy, a bit of beshemel, whatever veg, some breadcrumbs, and cheese, baked until crusty, yum

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    mr drinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceconvoy View Post
    Chana masala is so good the next day, sometimes I think about not eating it when I make it = more leftovers

    I've been told I'm a freak of nature, but I really hate leftover pizza. Cold is gross and rubbery, microwaved is an abomination, and even if I take the time to fire up the oven, it's dry and flavorless.
    I really like pizza reheated on the grill, but I have also thought of experimenting with putting a glass of water in the microwave when reheating pizza. Apparently, it reduces the 'soggy pizza issue' but don't have any direct experience. I've seen that trick mentioned a handful of times though.

    k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I really like pizza reheated on the grill, but I have also thought of experimenting with putting a glass of water in the microwave when reheating pizza. Apparently, it reduces the 'soggy pizza issue' but don't have any direct experience. I've seen that trick mentioned a handful of times though.

    k.
    I put it in a dry frying pan, with a lid, over low heat. takes about 8-10 minutes for however many slices your pan will hold. but comes out super-crispy and warm throughout.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I put it in a dry frying pan, with a lid, over low heat. takes about 8-10 minutes for however many slices your pan will hold. but comes out super-crispy and warm throughout.
    That's what I do, unless I am just eating it cold.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Zwiefel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,160
    Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    i like pan frying old spagetti. like a big hash brown.

    some awesome comments people.

    leftover salad!! haha..that is an awesome response. salad goes into my compost pile.
    mac-n-cheese (the real kind) is good like this...roll in a little flour and panfry.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

  10. #30
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,986
    My likes and dislikes are directly influenced by:

    - the time of day
    - my level of exhaustion
    - drunkenness
    - desperation

    Combine all of the above, and I'll think nothing of eating the dregs of pu-pu platter that's been lurking in my fridge for a week(or more?). Duck sauce/hot mustard/soy sauce slurry= palate desensitizer. But if i'm well rested (which is rare), and feeling frisky, I'll go to great lengths to revitalize a plethora of items from the last couple meals. Think CHOPPED, but with better knives and more tattoos.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts