Quantcast
what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?

what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?

i have a no seafood leftover rule. i cant get it past my lips when things get fishy. so i call that my least favorite.

fav? lasagna!! i think it gets better the next day.

i do however have braised beef shortribs in my fridge right now. i cook it the day before so i can cool it and pull off the fat-cap. but this doesnt count..i dont think it is leftover yet.

Worst leftover: Pork BBQ, white meat chicken, french fries, corn totillas, cauliflour come to mind

Best: Azorean Portuguese Kale Soup, Mole, chix stock
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

mmmmm.....love many different curries as leftovers...a good biriyani seems to reach its peak on the 3rd day.

I think MB nailed my least favorite list. pretty much anything crispy/crusty....except pizza...finally figured out to do that in a pan on the stovetop w/o heating up the oven.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I like paella-type rice dishes leftover as long as you leave out the seafood.

Fish leftovers suck, but any soup is my regular fave -- though braised oxtails are probably my all-time favorite leftover.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Seafood leftovers that have to be reheated are pretty bad. Cold dishes can be ok.

Soups, stews, tomato sauce based dishes all get better with age.

MB, how do you reheat your pork? I've found if you reheat very,very slowly (say a 250 oven wrapped in foil, or microwave at 20% power) and don't get it too hot, it can be pretty good. I'm planning to smoke a couple of butts this week to go in the freezer in order to have bbq during the winter. Maybe not quite as good as the first day, but not half bad.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Mmmmm... I still remember those butt pics you posted. Still makes my mouth water, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Seafood leftovers that have to be reheated are pretty bad. Cold dishes can be ok.

Soups, stews, tomato sauce based dishes all get better with age.

MB, how do you reheat your pork? I've found if you reheat very,very slowly (say a 250 oven wrapped in foil, or microwave at 20% power) and don't get it too hot, it can be pretty good. I'm planning to smoke a couple of butts this week to go in the freezer in order to have bbq during the winter. Maybe not quite as good as the first day, but not half bad.

Leftover pot roast turns into beef stew on day two.
    Chili is also good leftover.
    I do my own version of chili with canned black beans, canned diced tomatoes with green chilis and beef tenderloin.
    Day two I reheat on the stovetop, then serve with a spoonful of pico de gallo, sour cream and shredded cheese.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

Quote Originally Posted by Burl Source View Post
    Leftover pot roast turns into beef stew on day two.
    Chili is also good leftover.
    I do my own version of chili with canned black beans, canned diced tomatoes with green chilis and beef tenderloin.
    Day two I reheat on the stovetop, then serve with a spoonful of pico de gallo, sour cream and shredded cheese.
    Oh, chili is nice. I like to serve with finely diced onion, avocado, fresh tomato (or anything else I find sitting around that might work). I also like to crumble tortilla chips into it.

Stews and soups definitely better the next day.

Pasta w/ sauce is absolutely horrible the next day.