Quantcast
what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?

I am not big on leftovers or wasn't into it, was in jr high when my dad lost everything, he grew up during the depression so everything on sale was fixed and leftovers were big. I remember one time he fixed bean soup by the sixth day he made into beans and franks. That still fascinates me to this day. Grew up fishing all the time during the summer, small game in the winter when I was a little kid.

I guess I am different, now love cold salmon, but really different love fried fish cold for breakfast.

Leftover pork or beef gets cut up cooked in a skillet so it gets crispy, oh yeah if it's leftover pot roast cut up the meat potato carrot and fry crisp in a skillet for hash and have fried eggs over easy on top.

Least favorite food is head cheese or souse, it's a textural thing can't get past the rubber chewy texture, blood sausage is not big with me either, it's rather bland/chewy.

I've gotten to where I make extra risotto just to have leftovers. Was doing this yesterday and fooling around w camera/phone. Saffron risotto and cheese/pistachio stuff. Like arancini but flat.

Mucho - I bag seal leftover pork in 1 and 2 lb packs and freeze. Then reheat in crock pot filled w water. I've been told its better...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Yesterday I had leftover Bolognaise sauce and asiago toasted sandwiches for breakfast. Definitely a favourite.

Least favourite? Dressed salad leaves. Yuck.

nothing beats cold apple pie eaten out of the pie plate for breakfast, especially post wake and bake.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDispossessed View Post
    nothing beats cold apple pie eaten out of the pie plate for breakfast, especially post wake and bake.
    Most things are pretty good in that situation...I love all leftovers except salad.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    leftover "finished" pasta sucks the most, no matter the sauce.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDispossessed View Post
    I am shocked that someone in the foodservice profession might partake in such illegal activities!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Salad was the first to come to mind. I am also not a big fan of most fried foods, and none of them gets better as leftovers. Love any kind of meat stew in the widest sense a day later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    mmmmm.....love many different curries as leftovers...a good biriyani seems to reach its peak on the 3rd day.
    Hey Danny, can we get a biryani WIP someday, or at least a good recipe?

Stefan

yeah leftover pasta is wacky

Left over spaghetti with prego eaten cold was my favorite after school snack growing up.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford