Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what is your favorite and Least favorite food as a leftover?

Lasagna has to be the perfect leftover dish.....just keeps getting better. For those afore mentioned 'wake & bake mornings, cold fried chicken. Worst leftover for me is tuna salad; fishy, watery, wilted veggies. Eesshh.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Mashed potatoes - yuk, left over just bad bad memories.

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    Mashed potatoes - yuk, left over just bad bad memories.
    Why not make potato cakes? Leftover mashed potatoes handful of flour, an egg, mix thoroughly. Heat skillet, non-stick, mash them into cakes, cook until they are a deep brown and then flip do the other side serve with eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by bear1889 View Post
    Why not make potato cakes? Leftover mashed potatoes handful of flour, an egg, mix thoroughly. Heat skillet, non-stick, mash them into cakes, cook until they are a deep brown and then flip do the other side serve with eggs.
    +1 to this.

I like eating a lot of leftovers .... cold. I haven't figured out if I really like it cold best or I'm just too lazy to reheat the stuff. Cold roast beef or ribs don't work, but I'd eat a cold burger on its own. Cold french fries, they're a no go. Cold pizza, yeah why not.

Quote Originally Posted by bear1889 View Post
    Oh, I forgot to tell the back story. I was 7 and refused to eat mashed potatoes. My grandmother left them sitting out for 4 days to until I ate them. No other food, ever, made me gag so much. Only other time was finding 20+ eggs in a hidden spot where out chicken been laying them for 3-4 weeks...

favorite: pizza
    least: anything fried