Another knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score

c9220b86.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My first attempt at grinding a blade 100% on a 3' diameter platen...not so easy!!!....Cpm154 wearing some walnut

Beauty. That small accent ties the handle and blade together really well. Nicely done.

Mario,

I check every few days to see if anything new has popped up because from a selfish standpoint I am on your list, but also because they are always so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Looks great Mario, what is the advantage of grinding on the 3inch radius? Is this knife available?

It is a 3 feet diameter platen to simulate what the japanese craftsmen use....the only advantage I can see would be getting it thinner behind the edge....she is not for sale...it is a "test knife"....I will have someone beat her up at the HHH hammer in and see if she is worthy!!

Love the knife and the handle shape, but I somehow cannot warm up to walnut. Maybe because I still have not figured out how to finish it well, it just seems more complicated than any other wood I worked with.

Stefan

Walnut is a pita to work with...lots of pore filling. Kinfe looks fantastuc Mario, looking forward to fondling her this weekend!!

Mario, I hope it is as nice and cuts as well as the knife you made for me. Love that knife. Might have to get back on your list in the not so distant future.

They are only 11.5inches long.. but have a 1.5 foot radius milled into the face.... that would mimic a three foot diameter wheel.

IMO one of your best looking knives to date. I hope someone brought a camera to that hammer in.

I was given the distinct pleasure of testing this knife and putting it through the paces. All I can say is HOLLY S__T!!! What a totally incredible knife.

It seems as though the belly and heel are the most efficient working areas of the knife. Appears to be a little "sticktion" in the tip area. I believe that this is from the advanced grind that was done on the blade.

What a bad ass knife!!! A true "LASER". Blazed through mirepoix with ease. Tomatoes like butter. Concerned about the handle, seems to be a little rough after extended use. I absolutely love this knife and could easily make it my #1. Fit and finish are amazing.

Here is a copy of the menu that the "wonder knife" assisted me in preparing.

Tasting for "Lazy Boy":

Amuse Bouche: Terrine of Heirloom Tomatoes with Roquefort Mousse

*** Cafe Display ***

Crispy Oriental Chicken Salad w/ Sesame Seed Dressing

Pecan Chicken Salad w/ Raspberry Vinaigrette

BBQ Smoked Beef Brisket w/ Braised Greens

Orange Glazed Bay of Fundy Salmon

Grilled Chicken Riata on Naan Bread w/ Tamarind Glaze

*** Catering Display ***

Country French Pate' w/ Green Tomato Chutney & Pickeled Red Onions

Maryland Crab Cake w/ Micro Greens & Remoulade Sauce

Charred Colorado Lamb Chop w/ Rissotto & Sweet Pea Cake

Roasted Pumpkin, Sweet Corn and Lobster Bisque

Grilled Flank Steak w/ Balsamic & Pomegranate Jus Lie'

Braised Short Ribs of Beef Jardiniere w/ Celeriac Puree

Dessert Table.

I know this knife is considerable thinner then usual for Mario's work, however, I hope that he continues to offer this grind, simply becuase it is the cats meow!

Back