Quantcast
New Stuff - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stuff

Well...keep em that way! I don't like the super flat ones either, and I don't like normal Konosuke gyuto profile, so maybe this is finally the HD for me.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Jon,

How many of the konosuke gyoto/kiritsuke's did you order? They didn't even last a day! Just wait until you put up the suisins...

The konosuke profile looks to be awesome for veg prep, I bet it can bust out juliennes and brunoise in no time; I can't wait to put it through it's paces! After I have some time with it, I'll put a full review up on JKI.

HD kiritsuke gyuto!? Aw man! That didn't appear on the New Items list for me when I checked yesterday - otherwise I'd have picked one up on the spot!

Ah well. Gotta wait til the next shipment.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I don't like normal Konosuke gyuto profile

Ewe sew krazy
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    HD kiritsuke gyuto!? Aw man! That didn't appear on the New Items list for me when I checked yesterday - otherwise I'd have picked one up on the spot!

Ah well. Gotta wait til the next shipment.
    They were gone when I saw them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by wenus2 View Post

Ewe sew krazy
    In pictures, the tip looks up way too high (it is thin and nimble though) and the rest has too much belly. It almost appears to have no flat spot of any significant length. The only one I have handled was a white steel version and it was much flatter in person, but it had also been used and sharpened a lot. I have a different gyuto that mimics the kono profile pretty well and I just don't care for it. Oh well, more for you guys!

And Jon, when you get back from your vaca, you gotta give us some details on the Gesshin Hide cleaver!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

...And Jon, when you get back from your vaca, you gotta give us some details on the Gesshin Hide cleaver!
    +1

... And Jon, when you get back from your vaca, you gotta give us some details on the Gesshin Hide cleaver!
    +2

was much flatter in person
    Indeed. Without breaking it out and measuring right now I would estimate that about 2/3 of of my edge is flat prior to curving up to the tip. That is the way it came, and is rather ideal by my standards.

On a similar note, I felt the Geshin Ginga gyuto looked like it had more belly than I would care for, so I asked Jon for a pic of the knife's edge flat on the board. It turns out the profile is much flatter than it appeared initially in the stock pics. Rather ideal actually.
    So I've learned it's tough to make conclusive decisions about a profile based on a 2D representation.

Anyhow, you can PM me if you really want a better look at one.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

Jon, pls let us know if a Gesshin Hide cleaver is coming down the road - I have to put aside some $ for it because there's no way I'd miss out on that one
    Len