• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT JNAT for a Paring Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this guy a few years ago but I think it got lost in the shipment cause it took almost 5 month to get here. I don't remember much of it just my own newbish observations. I got it from 1 of the Japanese sellers but I don't remember who :(.

1. It raises mud quite easily with a diamond plate.
2. It smells very earth when doing so
3. Dries very very fast... Like 3-5 min when typical synthetic maybe 20-30 minutes
4. I think it's middle grit, perhaps 6-8k
5. I only used it a few times and I saw a haze finish, but no expert.
6. Stone is very smooth, but edges would need to be chamfered

I would ideally like to trade it for a quality paring knife. I only a crappy 2.5" one that's quite useless and would love a 3.5". No idea if it's fair value or, so please tell me:)

stone itself 6.2 to 6.5" long around 2.5" wide. At least 1" thick but few spots little thicker. Good weight.

here are the pics of it. I would like to keep to USA only due to shipping costs.

Thank you :)

bFRQNr8.jpg

ooovl7z.jpg

UNtkak9.jpg

do you know the stone's info? (mine, strata, grade?)

Back