Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ken Onion "Rain" Mini reveiw

And who was John Primble? He wasn't a custom knifemaker, as best I can tell he was a salesman for a large hardware wholesaler in the 1920-30s. Old Hickory (Ontario Cutlery) and all the other Old something another "forged" kitchen knives are based on a con job a guy (Nuna Knife Works) was running in the early 20th century selling knives to blacksmiths that they then claimed they handforged them in their own shop. Dave Murphy and old Gerber collection would probably be a better example of a custom maker that was able to sell a successful kitchen knife line to a factory. Other names are few and far between.

I have received an e-mail from a website selling this knives , judging from the pictures it had so much belly it could be on the "biggest loser" show

Engorged Member
    Mini review..."IT SUCKS!"
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Mini Review --> IT SUCKS AND IT'S UGLY!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

dont worry guys he also sells a belt driven sharpening system so you can make it into the perfect knife!

Anyone else get that "chocolate rain" song stuck in their head every time this thread pops up?
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Justin, you ain't right dude.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

I think someone should put together a Tay Zonday/Rick Astley duet.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Ok guys I became a bit confused. Please advise if this Ken Onion Rain series chef's knife is good or not. And also what about BDZ1 steel used for these knives.
    Thank you in advance

You can do lot lot better for that money , I would say look at something else. There was a nenox 270mm gyuto on B/S/T , i don't know if it is still available but you may want to look at it. It was also from Sydney.
    For a $200 knife I wouldn't go for a company whose expertise is making chef jackets and pants.