Quantcast
what food generates more negative comment? in your opinion. mine? BEETS. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what food generates more negative comment? in your opinion. mine? BEETS.

chocolate meat?

i dig filipino food. most of it. i dont eat much of the super rich blood stuff because of health limits...(gout), but i would if i could.

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    chocolate meat?

i dig filipino food. most of it. i dont eat much of the super rich blood stuff because of health limits...(gout), but i would if i could.
    I don't understand why people love blood sausages or blood patties seem pretty gross to me but I don't know because I have never tried them

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    I don't understand why people love blood sausages or blood patties seem pretty gross to me but I don't know because I have never tried them
    i could point out a segment of our population that would recoil in horror to the fact that we eat beef.

just different strokes for different folks. side by side, if you laid out the ingredients, i bet a modern hot dog is much more horrific (on paper) hehe. i've seen them made at the Peyton hot dog company. took years before i ate them again..and i still rarely do.

in general, i think society has changed around us. back in the day, i think the organs and blood were the part of the animal that provided the most minerals and nutrition to people that need energy to burn. now with our much more civilized lives, maybe we just dont need the octane boost anymore. dunno.

i still NEVER knock a people's food. ever. i consider it bad form.

exactly whatever floats your boat to each his own

That's why I try to stick to Beef hotdogs but still you never know with those things

I barely ever eat them EVER not saying I wont but I wont go out and buy them if you know what I mean

Very late answer but I love beets, in Greece we mainly eat as cold salad together with a walnut/garlic dip hmmmmmmmm home

I can't do innards of any sort. I even take the casings off sausage. I did try a chicken heart at some Brazilian restaurant in FL and that's the last of them nasty things.

It's taken me almost over 30 years to like brussel sprouts. Cut in half, tossed with evoo, s&p, red pepper flakes, then roasted and hit with a squeeze of lemon coming out of the oven....yummy! Beets, not so fond of. Tastes like dirt to me.

The one thing I love but no one else in my house likes are sweet potatoes. My husband will try anything once but put a sweet potato in front of him and he goes green lol.

I did try a chicken heart at some Brazilian restaurant in FL and that's the last of them nasty things.
    chicken hearts, or any heart are essentially mostly muscle. so if you can think of it as a muscle, it's just basically meat that pumps blood. =D

tasty, really low in fat (assuming your animal isn't a fat one), and good for you too.