mikadzo knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
01.png

My obsession for kitchen knives started when I first saw a set of Mikadzo knives in the local furniture(!) shop. The fit and finish seemed quite high, and I really wanted to buy them… but decided to google first. And found one interesting thing:

I couldn't find any info about Mikadzo knives outside of Russian internet part. I mean all references and reviews were only on Russian sites. And the official site http://www.mikadzo.com/index-en/ was created by some Russian person :scratchhead:

I am right, assuming those knives might be really produced in Japan as OEM order for Russian market?

Have you ever heard about those knives?

Standard VG-10 core with faux-Damascus cladding. Beside of the bling appearance, profile seems adapted to the German market. Lot of belly, high tip. Fine when you are very tall, have a much too low counter AND enjoy rock-chopping from the shoulder.
I would be profoundly sad when a friend was to give me such a knife.

While they might not represent much value for knives enthusiasts, other people can be easily attracted by fancy look (judging by myself and my wife a few months ago).

Unfortunately for me, among my friends VG10 is far from being standard. Most of them just keep using pretty dull knives of all random low end brands. So for them even such knives would be a huge improvement (at least for a few weeks, till they also became dull due to heavy abuse).

Yup....you gotta start somewhere. You'll tire of it soon enough...then we'll advise you on how to spend lots of cash! :)

Any advices of where could I get those tons of cash easily? :)

After reading all those forums I'm far far away from buying those knives myself or recommending them to any friends, so my interest in them is purely theoretical. At first it just looked weird to me, that those knives are only available in single country, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more OK it appears to be.

There are few US only brands that are produced in Japan, like Gesshin or Richmond, so maybe mikadzo is similar attempt to bring some of Japanese knives to Russian market.

I am not sure if you are aware but there is a russian online store that specialized on J knifes - http://knife.kasumi.ru/ they have not a bad selection.
Also they have 4 physical stores in St. Petersburg. As for the cash, I am on the same boat ;)

P.S. Forza Zenit!

Back