Quantcast
New Product Survey - Leather Saya - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product Survey - Leather Saya

I'm interested. Love the wooded sayas, but they pretty bulky when you have a bunch of them side by side in a roll/bag. Leather would be lower profile. And cool looking
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    I'm interested. Love the wooded sayas, but they pretty bulky when you have a bunch of them side by side in a roll/bag. Leather would be lower profile. D
    I agree.

I'm interested. Love the wooded sayas, but they pretty bulky when you have a bunch of them side by side in a roll/bag. Leather would be lower profile. And cool looking
    Thickness-wise leather sayas will be slightly thinner, around 10mm, while my wooden sayas are about 12-13mm. There will be a strap on the leather saya to keep the knife secured.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

A leather sheath also has the advantage that it won't crack if the roll is accidentally compressed, as has happened to a couple of mine.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    A leather sheath also has the advantage that it won't crack if the roll is accidentally compressed, as has happened to a couple of mine.
    Yikes! Haven't encountered that yet. Although I do sometimes worry about shifting and my edges rubbing against the sayas. Not all sayas are made as well as Marko's after all(in fact few are in my experience).
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

I'm interested in all of your work...but cant seem to get your shopping cart to work or a response from you. Shame really.

I would definetly be interested in some leather sayas. Especially if they don't "scratch" the blade.

I would love leather sayas for some of my knives!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Hey Folks, need some more of your attention.

I have done some research and I think I would like to go ahead with the leatherworking project: sayas and soon thereafter - knife and accessories rolls. The cost of buying tools/machinery is quite high, so I would like to get a better idea how much demand is there.

The cost of saya will be $.27 for basic and up to $1/mm for an upgraded version, depending on a level of difficulty and time involvement. For example, custom inlays, pressed work, custom colors will put the cost in the upper range. Also, cleaver sayas will be priced differently (Price TBD). Orders over $70 will ship for free.

The way it would work is the following. Once you place an order, I will send you some template material on which to outline your knife profile. Once I get the outlines back from you, I will make templates to which the sayas will be fitted. If you prefer to send in your knives for fitting, that would be fine.

Essentially, these will be custom sayas. I will make them available in three basic colors - dark brown, black and cognac and would also do custom colors upon request. There will be a contrast stitching (unless requested differently) and a strap with a snap to keep the knife in place. The quality of workmanship is to exceed expectations.

Please fill out the form below and indicate price range and quantity you would be interested. I have some upcoming equipment purchases for my shop unrelated to leatherworking, so I have to tread lightly taking on a new project/cost.

As always, Thank You!

http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....a-survey-order

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread