Quantcast
New Product Survey - Leather Saya - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product Survey - Leather Saya

I was hinting at totally ripping off your ideas once you have done all your usual research on the forum . In all honesty though, I have enjoyed making the leather ones in my spare time. I needed something for a few knives, it certainly does the job better than edge guards, and they look a lot better as well. Even my amateur ones, they are very sturdy.

Sure, copy as much as you want, you would still do same work I do.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I like the look of leather sayas. I plan on convincing my girlfriend to do one or two for me (she has already made me two hand stitched knife rolls (1 was stolen)). They can look very nice, there was a western handled fowler in the classifieds with a saya that comes to mind as one of the nicest I've seen if you're looking for design ideas.

I'd be interested in a leather saya or two. As long as the blade is protected, I'd prefer to save money over wood (and shipping a knife back and forth certainly adds to the cost).

These will be made of 8-9oz leather, so they will be stiff and thick (like wood sayas), and with a lock to keep the knife in place, so rest assured about the protection. Nice leather finish and contrast stitching will be the icing on the cake.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

I like the leather ones. I would prefer them to wood sayas for most knives I might take with me to someone else's house.

I'd like to see a leather saya option.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Great, now I have to learn to do leather-working....

In all honesty, I am kidding, and there's zero "rivalry" between Marko and I. He's been insanely helpful with everything I ask.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Can I get one to go with my 225?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Can I get one to go with my 225?
    I think so. I am looking for a leather sawing machine now, but as soon as I get it, I will start learning leather skills.

M

-Niels Bohr

+ Reply to Thread