Quantcast
New Product Survey - Leather Saya - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Product Survey - Leather Saya

I understand that the price of the leather sayas might be higher than people expected, however, I had to factor in the cost of equipment, materials, additional overhead for an extra room I would need to rent (adding to my already high overhead), and cost of labor. I might discount a few of the first ones, but these are the prices I have to charge to be able to make this project work.

I removed a few fields from the survey form, so now it is just a survey on preferences. There is no obligation whatsoever for those of you who chime in (as with all of my products). If you like the sayas once I produce them, you can always give them another look.

Here are the colors that I like. Would like to hear your opinion on these. I think they can be matched to the handle material color. Natural color will also be an option.

Black
    Name:  black.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  849 Bytes

Cognac
    Name:  cognac.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  1.0 KB

Dark Brown
    Name:  dark brown.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  960 Bytes

Amber
    Name:  amber.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  844 Bytes

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Those are some nice looking colours, I really like the cognac and amber.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I understand that the price of the leather sayas might be higher than people expected, however, I had to factor in the cost of equipment, materials, additional overhead for an extra room I would need to rent (adding to my already high overhead), and cost of labor. I might discount a few of the first ones, but these are the prices I have to charge to be able to make this project work.

I removed a few fields from the survey form, so now it is just a survey on preferences. There is no obligation whatsoever for those of you who chime in (as with all of my products). If you like the sayas once I produce them, you can always give them another look.

Here are the colors that I like. Would like to hear your opinion on these. I think they can be matched to the handle material color. Natural color will also be an option.

Black
    Attachment 19299

Cognac
    Attachment 19300

Dark Brown
    Attachment 19301

Amber
    Attachment 19302

If I just filled out the survey/order form what does that mean now?

This gives me an idea on your (and hopefully others) preferences for look, design and and other characteristics, so I can plan accordingly. Once I start making those if you like them how they look in person, you will be welcome to commission some.

This surveys are mostly for me to better understand the preferences, so I can make product as close to what people want as possible. I have done this for all products (including knives) that I produced.

M

Marko, any updates on this?

I took some time off while channeling all my time into western handles and change in my grinds for this type, but I am finally at a good stopping point to go back to leather. I think I will shipping sayas within a couple of weeks.

Marko

Marko,

Wanna do one sheath for the knife below?

It is with Dave now after a spa treatment. It is going to be shipped to me in Australia but I can wait if you can do one quickly. I understand if you are too busy.

Pls let me know, thanks.

Ferry
    I see, I like, I cut!

I see, I like, I cut!

OK, I finally got this project off the ground. Leather is on order, snaps and rivet press is on order as well. need to order a few loose end things and tools, but the biggest hurdle is done!

For now I have ordered leather in only one color - Medium Brown. I find it go well with most colors of the handle material. Over time I will add up a few more colors, but since leather sayas is not a very high demand product, I can't stock leather in variety of colors. I selected some of the nicest grade (and some of the most expensive too) - English Bridle, so I am very anxious to make some good stuff out of it.

Prepaid sayas for DT blade as well as for my knives are up in the pipeline. I will post a production schedule once I get all the materials and start making them and sending them out.

The leather is here. Waiting for some tools to arrive before starting on the sheaths.

M

+ Reply to Thread