Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Product Survey - Leather Saya

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    The leather is here. Waiting for some tools to arrive before starting on the sheaths.

M
    Sign me up !!! I have at least 2 to be done

I need to get the paid ones out before taking any new orders, but I will keep posted when I reopen the order list.

Thanks,

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

finally started with the leather. Still working out some final changes and system, but there will be some pictures of finished product soon.

Pics below are WIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150207_191248.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	26272

Name:	20150207_182627.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	26271

Name:	20150207_191037.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	26270I

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

WIP - scimitar saya

Name:	IMG_0828.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	26310

Name:	IMG_0825.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	275.9 KB 
ID:	26311

Very nice. How do you prevent the blade from splitting the thread wide open?

There is a strip of leather that goes in between upper and lower layers, against which the knife edge and spine rests. The thread goes through three of these layers.

For scimitars, leather saya is the only option for a scabbard i if one is looking for a tight fit (it has to do with the blade curve), while other knives can have scabbards made out of wood.

The saya in picture is WIP. I still need to chamfer and burnish the edges.

Just want to remind that for leather sayas I don't need actual knives for fitting, just an outline of a knife on a (preferably) stiff cardboard, like cardboard from Priority Mail boxes.

Leather sayas would work particularly well for knives with Kramer and Harner profiles.

Thanks,

Marko

Name:	IMG_20150223_144641489_HDR.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	26511

Name:	IMG_20150223_150328926(1).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	26512

Really first class Marko.