• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Heiji SS 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dardeau

Reaction score
My preface to this is that I love this knife as a cutter. I'll miss the way it feels and will probably buy another one day. But it is stressing me the **** out. I broke my left wrist last year and without a solid shinogi line I cannot hold the angle well enough to get a good straight finish on the left side. This was already stressing me out and then a coworker tipped it with a fish box. I pulled it out this morning to fix it and the ferrule was chipped. This string of bad luck combined with my busted hand, and not having the time to dedicate to sharpening this like it deserves makes it time to let go. This has not been a drawer queen, it has been used sixty hours a week in a busy restaurant. The handle has been scrubbed with steel wool. Fish scales are a *****. It is not at its peak sexiness. I'm looking for $325 or interesting trades. Photos to follow.

How many sayas would it take? :D

yes photos! did this come directly from heiji or is it a gesshin heiji?

Yes please on photos. Current photos would be best.

I can't see them, can you? Feel free to ask questions, I don't want any confusion about the condition of this lady.

No pics. What are you looking for in trade?

Another 240-70 gyuto, that won't be quite as time consuming. This is definitely a knife for someone who can spend some time on it. Any interested parties please PM your emails. Sorry I am not up on the technology. My girlfriend mowed our lawn with a sling blade yesterday. True story.

I'd be happy to fix the knife, for the cost of shipping, for anybody who buys it, as long as you give me time to recovery from yesterday's herniated L5 disc (I get an MRI tomorrow, which determines what happens next). I'm pretty good with these knives.

I have a couple magical 240s coming or else I'd make this happen....

That's a generous offer, I'll pay shipping to ER, and to its new home in the conus if the buyer chooses. Also, to derail my own thread, have you tried acupuncture ER? I have terrible back problems from a lifetime of working lines and got convinced by a coworker (with a herniated L disc) to try it, and it helps. It has not only reduced back pain, but has also calmed the broken wrist situation some. I can definitely lift more now with it than before. I was a total skeptic about it, and still kinda am, but it damn sure works.

I am a super scientific person, and I don't believe in acupuncture, but thanks. :) that doesn't make me feel that your experience is wrong, everybody's brief experience on this planet is different, but it's not for me. What is for me is grinding old Heijis until they rule! :)

I am a super scientific person, and I don't believe in acupuncture, but thanks. :) that doesn't make me feel that your experience is wrong, everybody's brief experience on this planet is different, but it's not for me. What is for me is grinding old Heijis until they rule! :)

Screw it, I'll take it sight unseen. But only cuz Jacob's a wizard with these suckers(as well as being a cantakerous bastard :razz:), and I'm trying to outfit a couple of my cooks with proper gear.

Nice! You cantankerous sonofa...you did it! :D

I don't really believe in it either, as far as the philosophy of eastern medicine. But it works so I quit questioning.

Somebody better post pics of this thing eventually! I know what the after will look like. I have a sick desire to see a battle scarred Heiji.

Latest posts

Back