Quantcast
Bob Kramer Stainless Steel Damascus by Zwilling - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bob Kramer Stainless Steel Damascus by Zwilling

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    The WS Shun Kramer Meiji like is the balls. It SG2 is heated so well done. I think the cladding is a little nicer on the Zwilling I think the the handle on the Meiji is nicer, more custom and I'm into WA anyway. I have the 6" chef knife and at home, grab for it on a regular basis.
    It's too bad they aren't made anymore.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

I have the carbon steel dammy Zwilling Kramer that looks pretty cool and gets scary sharp - not sure if it still made

^^ Gic, is that the limited edition ZK Damascus?

I have a couple of the ZK carbon and Really like them. I did have the 8" ZK Damascus but returned it a little later. It's a great knife but not near as good as the carbon. Does run a little thicker along the spine which takes away from the wonderful distal taper the carbon line offers. Also, when comparing the ZK Damascus to the shun meiji Damascus, the shun line performs just as great as the ZK but the meiji handle is just way better.
    Just my opinion. .

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    I have the carbon steel dammy Zwilling Kramer that looks pretty cool and gets scary sharp - not sure if it still made
    Isn't the damascus Z-H not carbon?

^^ they did a limited run of 8" carbon damascus. I believe 250 of them.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ot-Chefs-Knife

Why not take a minute to fill out the questionnaire?

The "Which Knife Should I Buy?" Questionnaire - v2
    Please refer to the Kitchen Knife Knowledge subforum and the Kitchen Knife Glossary thread (LINK) for general information, including the knife types and other terminology used in this questionnaire.

KNIFE TYPE
    What type of knife are you interested in (e.g., chef’s knife, slicer, boning knife, utility knife, bread knife, paring knife, cleaver)?

Are you right or left handed?

Are you interested in a Western handle (e.g., classic Wusthof handle) or Japanese handle?

What length of knife (blade) are you interested in (in inches or millimeters)?

Do you require a stainless knife? (Yes or no)

What is your absolute maximum budget for your knife?

KNIFE USE
    Do you primarily intend to use this knife at home or a professional environment?

What are the main tasks you primarily intend to use the knife for (e.g., slicing vegetables, chopping vegetables, mincing vegetables, slicing meats, cutting down poultry, breaking poultry bones, filleting fish, trimming meats, etc.)? (Please identify as many tasks as you would like.)

What knife, if any, are you replacing?

Do you have a particular grip that you primarily use? (Please click on this LINK for the common types of grips.)

What cutting motions do you primarily use? (Please click on this LINK for types of cutting motions and identify the two or three most common cutting motions, in order of most used to least used.)

What improvements do you want from your current knife? If you are not replacing a knife, please identify as many characteristics identified below in parentheses that you would like this knife to have.)

Better aesthetics (e.g., a certain type of finish; layered/Damascus or other pattern of steel; different handle color/pattern/shape/wood; better scratch resistance; better stain resistance)?

Comfort (e.g., lighter/heavier knife; better handle material; better handle shape; rounded spine/choil of the knife; improved balance)?

Ease of Use (e.g., ability to use the knife right out of the box; smoother rock chopping, push cutting, or slicing motion; less wedging; better food release; less reactivity with food; easier to sharpen)?

Edge Retention (i.e., length of time you want the edge to last without sharpening)?

KNIFE MAINTENANCE
    Do you use a bamboo, wood, rubber, or synthetic cutting board? (Yes or no.)

Do you sharpen your own knives? (Yes or no.)

If not, are you interested in learning how to sharpen your knives? (Yes or no.)

Are you interested in purchasing sharpening products for your knives? (Yes or no.)

SPECIAL REQUESTS/COMMENTS
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

God no, I wouldn't spend 2k on that knife - you can get a Devin dammy for that!

It seems to me that people who buy that knife don't know about great knife makers like Devin or Burke or Rader or Catchside or Marko or .... and are just too enamored of Kramer's reputation IMHO

Mine is apparently a variant on the standard 52100 Zwilling Kramer but one I haven't seen at my local sur la table or even on their on line site. The model number of mine is 34941-263.

The funny thing is that while this knife is available for sale online, none of the pictures shows that this is a dammy variant of the standard 10" Kramer Zwilling Euroline. Price is the same as the non dammy version - which shows you how real the dammy is! The dammy pattern on mine doesn't look anything like the 2k version

I got mine from someone who hated the belly at a good price :- )...

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    Isn't the damascus Z-H not carbon?
    Oh, that thing: yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    God no, I wouldn't spend 2k on that knife - you can get a Devin dammy for that!

It seems to me that people who buy that knife don't know about great knife makers like Devin or Burke or Rader or Catchside or Marko or .... and are just too enamored of Kramer's reputation IMHO

Mine is apparently a variant on the standard 52100 Zwilling Kramer but one I haven't seen at my local sur la table or even on their on line site. The model number of mine is 34941-263.

The funny thing is that while this knife is available for sale online, none of the pictures shows that this is a dammy variant of the standard 10" Kramer Zwilling Euroline. Price is the same as the non dammy version - which shows you how real the dammy is! The dammy pattern on mine doesn't look anything like the 2k version

I got mine from someone who hated the belly at a good price :- )...
    could you please post the picture of your carbon damascus Z-Kramer? I never see/heard such knife! I'm very interesting to see it....
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

OP is there any particular reason you want to do damascus?