Paring knife prebuy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
After looking over the work I have to do yet, I have decided to do a prebuy for the paring knives. This will be for parings with a single handle material. I have two model parings the original and the new one. The steel choices are AEBL, or carbon Damascus, or stainless Damascus. The cost for the AEBL is $110 shipped ($120 international) and for the Damascus $180 ($190 international)
For the prebuy, I am asking for a $50 deposit for each knife you order, even if it's a Damascus one. Please Paypal your deposit to [email protected] with your forum name, so I can keep track of everyone. Also please send me a pm with your handle wood choice and what model and material you would like. Please, no buckeye requests, unless you can provide the material yourself, I am out of it right now. If you wish to provide handle material for you knife I'm fine with that, and I'll give you some credit on the final payment. I will begin making them November first and will begin shipping them the week after. It will be first come first finished.
In the meantime I will be finishing my Damascus order and completing the knives on my waiting list. I will also be working on a batch of Damascus for kitchen knives, so I have some stock to work with.
I decided to do this to fill some recent requests and also to get some Capitol together to buy steel and handle material, my supplies of both are running quite low.
It will also be fun to make some knives again, after a whole summer of making Damascus.
Thanks,
Del

I have three of your knives and love them. Put me down for two of the new style, one in AEBL and one in stainless Damascus. I'll get you the deposits and PM you with handle choices.

Put me down for 1 of the New Style in AEBL, will PM with details & send deposit.

Thanks Del

Definitely in for one! Sending deposit now.

What's the difference between the new and old style of your paring knives?

What's the difference between the new and old style of your paring knives?

The top ones are the new design and the very bottom one is the original design.
Both knives work very well, but the new design is a bit longer and narrower.
Thanks,
Del

100_1399.jpg

I did PayPal and PM, but just to sure to get in line I post here too. Really looking forward to this, thanks!

Please put me down for one of these knives, sending you PM now

Paypal sent (forgot to put my username), sent you PM as well for the AEBL new style

deposit sent for aeb-l in the new profile.

Many of you have asked about handle options, I'll make a list of what I have available tomorrow.
Thanks,
Del

Would love to get in line for a new style in AEB-L -- will send PP today. Thanks!

The woods I have available are:
Redwood burl(old growth)
Red palm and a bit of black palm as well
Black ash
Amboynia burl
African blackwood
Ironwood
I also have some of the fiddleback curly mango from Mark at Burlsource that I would like to try
And Some of the Wild Almond Burl From Myron at Dream Burls that I would like to try as well.

If you have a piece you would like me to use of your own wood, I would be happy to and give you some credit off the final price, or if you see something that you love at Burlsource or at Dream burls get it and have them send it directly to me.

I also have some synthetics
black paper micarta
black linen micarta
brown linen micarta
burgundy linen micarta
I also have some hunter orange G-10

Thanks,
Del

The top ones are the new design and the very bottom one is the original design.
Both knives work very well, but the new design is a bit longer and narrower.
Thanks,
Del

Thanks Del, and Kyle for the clarification

I have the old style in stainless Damascus but chipped the heel one day. so when I fixed it, it looks more like the new style. of course not as long

Hi Del,

If possible, I am going for the curly mango :)

Vangelis

I'm probably an idiot, but I'm in. PM sent.

I'm in for an AEB-L (new style) and I'll try the mango. PayPal sent.

In for a new style done in AEBL with black ash handle. Funds sent, thanks.

here are some pics of handle I have done on the parers.
Ironwood is the first one, some koa on the second
Redwood on the third
and some black ash on the last

100_1163.jpg

100_1157.jpg

100_1135.jpg

finished paring r.jpg

Back