D. Martell NYC Sharpening Class - Sign Up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
OK folks, I had posted up a poll earlier that I removed since it's become irrelevant. The venue that we'll be using for the class has limited weekdays available (no Mondays) so we're going with a Tues, Nov. 12th

The venue has a pro type kitchen available to us so we're thinking about either cooking lunch or going with pot luck (maybe locals could contribute here?). We can talk more about this later.

The venue is located in Oceanside, NY near the LIRR train station but if you drive in there will be parking available.

We need a minimum of 10 sign ups before we commit. If you plan to attend please sign up ASAP and please be 100% sure that you can attend before signing up since we can't cancel or refund once we do commit.

The price has been raised to cover the added expense of paying for a venue, travel, etc.

Please sign up HERE at your earliest convenience.

Thanks everyone!
Dave

15.jpg

Hey Dave, I don't have a stone flattener or holder. I could try to pick them up before the class. If not, is it a big deal?

You won't need a stone holder but the flattener will come in handy for sure.

If you want I can bring along anything that we sell and give it to you at the class or you could order it ahead if you like and have it shipped, either way I'll give a 10% discount to anyone attending. :)

Well that was quick....1 down....9 more to go. :)

Heh, was that me? I actually held back for 5 minutes to try to be casually in the middle of the pack - evidently I miscalculated :)

I would love to do to this class, if it was on a weekend. Its going to be hard to ditch work for this... Is there any chance that you might add a weekend class?

I'm going to leave this open until next Thursday 10/17 and make the decision on whether or not we'll be holding the class then. That's really cutting it close though, if at all possible I'd prefer to wrap this up even earlier. If you plan to attend please confirm as soon as you can.

Thanks!

Dave, if I were anywhere within reasonable driving distance, I'd love to take this class. I have no doubt I'd take some very good stuff away from it. I really hope this class fills up. This is a very rare and unique opportunity to say the least.

Noooo. I'm gonna be in and I'm trying to convince my sous chef too. Come on guys. This is big

One full day until Thursday's deadline, and incomprehensibly the media seems focused on whether the House of Representatives can get 217 sign-ups, but surely the real action is happening here. Only six more...

So we only have 1/2 of the minimum signed up for this class which means that unless the rest come on board tonight we'll have to cancel.

Sorry folks, this is cancelled for lack of interest. :sad0:

On the flip side, I'll be contacting those who signed up to discuss an alternative.

Back