Quantcast
What keeps you around an open flame? or flat top? or fryer and such... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What keeps you around an open flame? or flat top? or fryer and such...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Yeah, that's keep it quiet though. Don't tell my wife!

About the "fortune" part. I don't need her taking any more of my knife/beer $$$!
    The sex part she's fine with. It's less work for her.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Chris your freaking so dam funny. I hope to meet you someday, you make me laugh outloud so often. Nut job!!
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

I'm just really, really stupid and too lazy to look for something else
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I walked out of a busy restaurant on New Year's Eve, and never returned. I got sick of never being home when everyone else was, and missing out on special occasions, only to go get dirty, sweaty and smoky. So, I became firefighter and...crap....

I really do admire you guys for doing it. The lifestyle was too much for me, so I worked at a butcher shop, then got my career. You career cooks/chefs must love what you do, and that right there is enough.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I have been enjoying the team building aspect a lot lately. A good crew that can handle a smack-down with style and no complaints is motivating and gratifying for me.

Also the tolerance for different personalities and life styles keeps it interesting and entertaining.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Seriously though, I might agree with what everyone has said so far.
    I don't think I'm suited for any other job. I couldn't imagine sitting at a desk all day, staring at a computer screen and having meetings and conferences and team building retreats with trust falls!!!!
    I don't have a "natural talent" for anything I've ever attempted as a hobby or job. Cooking is a job where you can work reeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllly really really hard, and don't have to be necessarily good or talented. You just have to work hard, put your head down and work harder and harder. And maybe you'll do well.
    Since I've recently switched from catering (for the past 12+ years) to get back to working the line, it's a totally different animal. I LOVE IT when it's busy and you're slammed and you've got all 12 burners filled on saute. When you sweat through all your clothes, even your belt. It's such a ******* rush. It took me a while to get back in the swing of being on the line, but I wouldn't trade it for anything now.
    You want to own it.
    Every service.
    You enjoy the pain!
    Yeah and the teamwork thing is pretty awesome(most of the time)
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Seriously though, I might agree with what everyone has said so far.
    I don't think I'm suited for any other job. I couldn't imagine sitting at a desk all day, staring at a computer screen and having meetings and conferences and team building retreats with trust falls!!!!
    I don't have a "natural talent" for anything I've ever attempted as a hobby or job. Cooking is a job where you can work reeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllly really really hard, and don't have to be necessarily good or talented. You just have to work hard, put your head down and work harder and harder. And maybe you'll do well.
    Since I've recently switched from catering (for the past 12+ years) to get back to working the line, it's a totally different animal. I LOVE IT when it's busy and you're slammed and you've got all 12 burners filled on saute. When you sweat through all your clothes, even your belt. It's such a ******* rush. It took me a while to get back in the swing of being on the line, but I wouldn't trade it for anything now.
    You want to own it.
    Every service.
    You enjoy the pain!
    Yeah and the teamwork thing is pretty awesome(most of the time)
    except when you feel like the odd man out

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    I'm just really, really stupid and too lazy to look for something else
    I think you have already done everything else.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

I really get off on making lots of people really happy. I feel like I'm some guy with a weird, unique power that gives large groups of people foodgasms all at the same time. It's a great feeling. When I develop "groupies", people who just want to eat my food all the time and they tell me to make "Just whatever you want, I trust you." That's an even better feeling.

Vic, who have you been cooking for Hugh Heffner?
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.