Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using a Harner "stabber"?

It's a cool little knife, I keep mine for SV bags on line, she is nice and pointy and hasn't hit a board yet hehe.

I just bought a stabber from lefty. I love the handle size and shape, feels secure in my hand with the extra length and doesn't float around like a smaller paring knife would. I'm trying to decide what I like better between that and the ealy I have. I found the harner does well for me in hand work but for peeling hard fruit you have to peel toward the tip as it is quite tall. I haven't deveined shrimp yet with it which will be the real test for me as that's mainly what I use a paring knife for.

I'd love to try the other two ones I've been eyeing (butch's new sabatier paring knife and ealy's new slim design) but frankly I just don't use paring knives a ton. When I worked on a small line, I used a 210 petty with 180 nakiri, worked fine for me.

how do you like the Ealy I just got one from another member getting it today probably

great little knife, handle feels a bit short/thin at first but I haven't used it too much, will report back soon.

I just got it

But havent had the chance to use it

Thanks everyone for the information. While I still like the style a lot, I've decided to try to go a different direction. Now I'm in line for one of the new style Ealy parers, and Mr. Harner might still do a project with me regarding a smaller board-oriented knife. That ought to cover all my bases (except a bread knife), though a part of me still wishes to upgrade my cheap Chinese cleaver with a hard thin nakiri or something.

Thanks again!
    Robert.