Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: breaking the auto lock on rosle tongs

Most of my cooks want me to purchase them for them after using mine. They are super sturdy, and really nice looking however the best part for me is how accurate the tongs are. They are really great for precise plating. They just grab things perfectly. The scalloped heads are just so exact. Icing on the cake is, you aren't constantly locked in a iron grip competition for 6 hours straight. I'll stop now.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

btw, i picked up a pair 2 days ago. they really are quite nice. sturdy best describes their feel, especially compared to the house tongs. after some use, the auto lock is easy to maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by rdm_magic View Post
    I had mine for like 4 months and the spring has given up, or atleast it isn't working fully. I can easily get them changed though, I emailed rosle and they offered me a new set straight away. They are worth the money, purely because of how sturdy they are, and once you get used to the locking it's hard to work without it.
    i was told at sur la table rosle tongs have a lifetime guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i was told at sur la table rosle tongs have a lifetime guarantee.
    You can bring anything back to SLT at anytime and they will refund or replace it for you.

I agree with Rick. The action and strength of the spring is perfect. You can easily apply as much or as little pressure as you like. No squashing product, or cutting into with the teeth, which are "soft" and come together very nicely.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

anyone know how to disable the locking feature without ruining anything? cause then i would actually use mine.

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    anyone know how to disable the locking feature without ruining anything? cause then i would actually use mine.
    There is a triangular tab inside that the floating pin snags on to lock. You can bend it to the side a bit so it doesn't grab the pin. It appears to be welded only on one side of the tab. Bend it toward the weld. Had this happen from use on one of my pairs and was able to bend it back so they locked again. I wouldn't want to bend the tab back and forth that much though, eventually the weld will break and they will never lock again...until you exchange them at SLT.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney