Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Update On Orders

An Update On Orders and an Apology

First of all, I want to apologize for delay in response to email and PMs.

My father had a surgery and is in critical condition, and I have been a bit distraught in these past couple of weeks, spending a lot of time on the phone with my family, doctors. Haven't been very productive. Depending on the situation, might have to go to Ukraine early in January. Also, the fact that the whole county is in an upheaval just adds to the anxiety.

I have put a lot of work into restructuring my shop in the past 6 weeks, patching the holed where I have been the least efficient. The process is already much more streamlined and should result in a higher output and shorter wait time. I will be offering knives in several geometries, so there will be something for everybody - workhorses, lasers, single bevel knives, etc. Restructuring will also help me to keep the prices at the current level, despite the fact that I am a bit overwhelmed with the demand, but more than anything I would like to keep my knives affordable.

I got some work done in the past couple of days and will be getting some finished knives out this week.

I also realized that I need to slightly change the design in my magnetic strips - making the strips wider on the face. Narrow face result is a slight movement of the knives on the strip. I am trying to figure out whether to redo the ones that I completed but haven't shipped out to do entirely new strips.

I will try to get most of the orders by Christmas, but if some of you would like a refund, please let me know.

Once again, I apologize and will do what I can to make up for the wait.

Thank you,

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the update. I sent you a few e-mails and PMs in the last weeks. Didn't knew about your situation... Knowing what's going on, I will refrain from sending another batch of reminders ;-)

Being in a remote country during hard times is not easy...

Best wishes for your father recovery and your family.

Bef

Marko,

My thoughts are with you and your father.

Rick
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Thanks guys.

I normally keep things like these private, but I though that letting your know what's going on, as it will help to clear up the air and explain my limited or delayed response on email or PMs.

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

hoping for the best for your family

Best wishes to you and to your family Marko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marko, being an owner of yor work, and seeing a few pieces, I will just say that your work is worth the wait. Do what you need I do to be there for your family. Everyone will be here waiting when you get back.

My thoughts are with you guys.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Sorry to hear about your father and hope everything gets better. Keep my knife for as long as you need and focus on your family.

Best wishes in your Dad's recovery!

Marko,

Sorry to hear this.

Take care,

Johnny