Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking to Expand

Keep it up Marko, that looks like a fantastic spot to do a day's work.

That's your shop?! I'd live in there! Damn, Marko...even your workspace is first class!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Right now everything is in the basement, without daylight or a good ventilation, but I have a good space and a freedom to do things, so I can't complain.

The upstairs would be for woodworking, leatherworking and whatnot. I would love to take the whole floor (there is a second sky lights) if I could figure out what to use it for, but right now I have use for just 1/3 of the space.

Day light does wonders to productivity, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to secure this space.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Day light does wonders to productivity, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to secure this space.
    M
    And that is not only because of the visible light spectrum, but also the near UV light - our eyes have receptors for it and while we do not use it for imaging, it tells us whether it is day or night.

I am glad to see that you are moving ahead - I really appreciate your work.

An update on the space.

I haven't signed paperwork yet, but it looks like I am going to rent more space than I originally thought. The two rooms (pictured in the earlier post), will be my clean rooms - for storage, leather, polishing, sharpening, etching, etc. The rest of the floor will be used as an open-space woodworking shop with all tools hooked up to a dust extraction system, to which I will have access. I need to look into liability insurance for the space, but I hope to be able to offer some woodworking and leather-working classes/workshops down the road. What I love about this place is a garage type door and skylights.

I also plan to built a mini Crossfit gym for the days when I can't make to the proper gym because of work obligations. 15' ceilings make a perfect height for hanging a climbing rope, rings, 10feet high medicine ball target, etc. Very excited.

Sounds like a perfect set-up, Marko. Good luck with everything!

Stefan

Thanks Stefan. I haven't seen this much day light in years!

Pics of the open space workshop area I will have access too. The gate opens to the roof top, and in the summer time, creates a nice breeze through the top, but the biggest price - big a$$ Delta/Milwaukee table saw with 14" blade. There is another skylight in the main area. 13" ceilings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131029_104553.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	19779

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131029_104530.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	19780

Gorgeous, Marko. I'm starting to wonder about renting a small shop myself, and have my eye out for old barns with electrical, and complete walls. It won't be as spectacular as yours, and it's still a pipe dream - but, congrats on living the pipe dream.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I think growing (be it adding new equipment, or expanding work area) is an essential to growing professionally. Once you have a real workshop stocked with proper tools, your possibilities will also grow.

M