Cooking with beer!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
I beer brined a pork roast that turned out great last weekend.

I used a local whiskey barrel aged ale that takes on the flavor and smell of bourbon as the liquid in my brine, which went great with the pork.

Here are a few pics:

hYKVd.St.117.jpg

BLPfo.St.117.jpg

Knlc3.St.117.jpg

r3FpB.St.117.jpg

154n0j.St.117.jpg

VvRhw.St.117.jpg

1usYMy.St.117.jpg

Here is a link to more pictures and a recipe.

Another great looking dish! Every recipe of yours that I've tried has been really good.

your pics suck!!

wait i said that wrong...your pics make my pics suck. there!

what camera are you using? lens?

this might be sacrilege, but i like cooking with non alcohol beer. like the amber o-douls. the flavor, cooked is mildly sweet with none of the bitter.

just me.

Inspiring, I would like to give it a try with a wildporc. I used to make a chicken stew with beer.

your pics suck!!

wait i said that wrong...your pics make my pics suck. there!

what camera are you using? lens?

Canon 5D MKII with the 24-105 lens. I have also been using a canon EOS M with the 22mm lens. I think a lot of it has to do with the lighting more than the camera (OK the camera helps :)). I like to shoot outside in my backyard by my grill which gets pretty good natural light with a little shade. Here is a picture I shot of A steak I cooked the other day with my iPhone that I posted directly to Facebook shot in natural light, this pic is a little darker since I left the table under the porch. I thought it looked pretty good coming straight out of the phone and no photoshop adjustments.

1379917_10200846245173952_35445894_n.jpg

Back