Quantcast
kitchen pranks
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kitchen pranks

kitchen pranks

what are some of the best/most hilarious/bizarre pranks you have done yourself or witness or heard about? hazing counts too.

Good timing. A couple hours back we sent the food runner across the street to a pizza joint to fetch the wood stretcher we loaned them

Oldie but a goodie...
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

A buddy of mine worked for a pretty cantankerous chef who would pull some ****** stuff, like sharpening the ticket stabber, and telling the waitstaff they had to drain all of the hot water out of the expresso machine to properly clean it...
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

Reduce demi, cool in quart, invert on plate, slice in 8ths, garnish with chocolate & berries...wait.

Had a lady in culinary school ask the Garde Manger Chef to borrow his sesame seed splitter. She forgot to pack the white sesame seeds and was freaking out because she knew ol Chef Pierre was going to be furious. I told her she could either use the black seeds and suffer the wrath or suck it up and ask Chef for the splitter. It's common knowledge that white sesame seeds come from splitting black ones, right?

Needless to say the chef blew up, laughed his ass off and she blew up at me. I think I recall some tears in there somewhere too...

On my coworkers birthday we told him we made a lemon meringue pie while he was at the store (this place ran out of stuff a lot). He was completely blown away and started to choke up. Then we flipped the pie, which consisted of whipped cream and pie tin, out of his hands and onto his face. He was demolished.

A line cook at my current job occasionally finds hush puppies that have been sitting in the fryer for hours. Just lightly dust with GP Flour, leave out in the wait station, and wait. Someone tries it every single time.
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

Piping some buttercream on the coffee puck that taps out of the espresso machine's handle, leave it in the path of servers it will usually get eaten.

mayonaisse creme brulee.
    fish sauce in clogs.

Coat roasted-suckling pig eyeballs in ganache, place in cold expo/burnout: profit.

salmon skin in idiot cooks wallet. Sometimes they don't find it for weeks.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

+ Reply to Thread