Quantcast
kitchen pranks - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: kitchen pranks

We had a co owner/manager that insisted on oversampling every special we made. Huge scoops of everything off the line. He had developed a bad cocaine problem and would really get in the way. One busy night , I announced " the avocado sauce is ready for the shrimp and lobster special" holding out a large serving spoon of wasabi . He came running, grabbed it out of my hand. I thought his eyes were gonna pop out before he ran away. We didn't see him for days.

That is a good one that's for sure...the best thing to do to someone in my opinion is turning something off on them and theyre like *** why is it not cooking when its not busy obviously I Would be heated though thats for sure nothing like a porkchop not cooking in the oven

I really dislike these kinds of pranks. There's always that one guy that just doesn't know when enough is enough.

I agree with you there is a time for everything...You get someone good once that should be it in my opinion

Am I the only one? Love pranks, have worked in kitchens, English is my first language and I read this with some interest, but couldn't understand several of the descriptions though I imagine they were great.

Anything which gets the servers is tops in my book - they deserve it all - sabotaged eats being the classic.

hot sauce in a servers drink
    blue cheese cheesecake--when i was a pastry chef did this to see who was eating my cheesecake. told the kitchen staff not to touch it server said my cheesecake was bad

Long story short, if you garnish just about ANYTHING the right way, servers will attempt to eat anything.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I think we molded butter or crisco one time and made it look like a cake.. Yup. People ate it.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

i had one job where servers would snack off of plates in the window when no one was looking. so after i cleaned ribeyes and other stuff, i would slice the cap( pure fat) batter and fry them. out of the fryer they looked exactly like chicken strips. i would put them in window and wait. eventually the staff would assume they were extra chicken strips and chow down. good times!

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i had one job where servers would snack off of plates in the window when no one was looking. so after i cleaned ribeyes and other stuff, i would slice the cap( pure fat) batter and fry them. out of the fryer they looked exactly like chicken strips. i would put them in window and wait. eventually the staff would assume they were extra chicken strips and chow down. good times!
    That sounds good. I love beef fat, especially that from a ribeye.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney