Quantcast
kitchen pranks - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: kitchen pranks

We had this "berry sauce" that looked like blood. I filled a latex glove with it, slipped my hand in and started running around the kitchen screaming. Everybody's face turned white.

A month or so after that, we all had a day where we were all playing simple pranks on each other. It all culminated with the sous chef sticking a pretty graphic note on my back. Which I didn't notice for quite some time. When I did notice, I told him I was going to get him back someday. Well, I sure did...

Me and the sous chef in the past had talked about ulcers. I used to have pretty bad ulcers that I treated and cured. He was having them pretty bad. I baited him by telling him "God, I think my ulcers are coming back. My stomach has been hurting really bad lately." About an hour later I went and filled my mouth with the aforementioned "berry sauce". I walked out of the walk in, found him and gave him my best acting of my life. I gave him a sickly look. I clutched my stomach and grabbed the wall like I was reeling in pain. I let loose my mouth full of "blood" all over the floor in front of him. His face drained of blood and jaw hit the floor. Now I know what someone's face looks like when they really think that I am seconds from death. Its a look of fear, terror and concern... times 10. He grabbed me and yelled "Vic! Vic! Sit down!" Then he grabbed the phone and I started busting out laughing. I said "I told you I would get you back, mf'er!" Then he gave me a good punch in my chest.

I know... that was really cold.

After I did the "bloody hand" trick my co-worker told me a story about his co-worker in the past. I thought it was pretty good so I'll relay the third hand info. His co-worker filled a few fingers of a glove with ground sausage. He slipped his hand in and curled his fingers underneath so they were tucked into his palm. He then proceeded to cut up some of his mis and when the other guy on the line walked by, he buried his knife deep into his "sausage fingers" and severed them. The witness supposedly threw up immediately.

Not kitchen related but a funny off the cuff prank. My buddy bought a house with a bunch of climbing vines growing all over one side of the house. My other friend told him the best way to get rid of the vines was to feed them Miracle Grow because it would "cause the vines to grow too fast and choke themselves off and die". That's not how it works!

Head chef used to live in a cottage which was down a hill from the hotel.Team of us rolled really big snowballs down the hill (post pub)and stacked them up in front of the only door in the cottage.More snow and plumeting temperatures meant the snowballs froze.Next day the chef came it at about 11am and rounded up his suspects.Turns out his daughter had an early morning job delivering newspapers and complained she could not get out the door.Dad (chef) and mum have huge argument with daughter telling her not to be lazy and go to work.Eventually chef got out of bed andthe only tool available to him to tunnel out of his now snow and ice filled doorway was a broomhandle.Took him an hour to get the door open.Took him weeks to get someone to admit who was involved-that person was my girlfriend.Chef got his revenge in many cruel and unusual ways.

Asked apprentice to check the Mulberry coulis - was kangaroo blood.Put searing hot pan full of chilli powder undr stall door while commis was taking a dump.Get the long stand/souffle pump/mince hook from the neighbouring restaurant.Hide fish carcass under the firewall of annoying demi-chefs car.
    on a cautionary tale - worked as an electrical labourer for a while .Sparky told me a group of workmates went for a weekend drinking in Amsterdam.One guy was always ringing his wife whilst in the pub and getting grief from the others so for a laugh they put some sexy lingerie in his suitcase without his knowledge.Got home ,wife did his laundry,questions were asked.End result he ended up divorced and lost his house.

Didn't care much for this "out of his league" sous chef who always liked to stab his fingers into everything to taste so one day I was making caramel when I saw him coming down the back line. As he approached I suck my finger in my mouth mimicking tasty delight. He saw my expression and without thought immediately dunked his finger into the molten hot caramel. And what do we do when we burn our wittle fingers? Stick them immediately into our mouths like a knee jerk reaction to make the burning stop. Well, that hot caramel not only burned his finger but made him look like he had a bad break out of the lip herps too. I'm sure he didn't really enjoy explaining That one too his wife (who was sweet as could be by the way).
    Yes, this one was a bit cruel, but heck that was 15 years ago

Stuck his fingers I caramel? Sounds like he'd be out of his depth in a puddle.

I love misinformation pranks. A really dumb (but sweet) server came to the pass in the middle of a function:

"Chef, what sort of meat is the rillettes?"
    "Oh, that's camel..."
    "Really. What cut ?"
    "Um, that's the toe."
    "Do you get much meat in a camel toe?"
    "Yeah, you'd be surprised..."

We had the FOH manager fill her in before she could offer any customers the cameltoe rillettes.
    Last edited by Dusty; 10-18-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Didn't care much for this "out of his league" sous chef who always liked to stab his fingers into everything to taste so one day I was making caramel when I saw him coming down the back line. As he approached I suck my finger in my mouth mimicking tasty delight. He saw my expression and without thought immediately dunked his finger into the molten hot caramel. And what do we do when we burn our wittle fingers? Stick them immediately into our mouths like a knee jerk reaction to make the burning stop. Well, that hot caramel not only burned his finger but made him look like he had a bad break out of the lip herps too. I'm sure he didn't really enjoy explaining That one too his wife (who was sweet as could be by the way).
    Yes, this one was a bit cruel, but heck that was 15 years ago
    Awesome. Homeboy deserved that one. Hot caramel is menacing.

I had a waitress ask me if gherkins are animals........she thought they were some sort of small sea creature. I told her sea cucumbers turn into gherkins when they get older

Messing with the FOH are the best pranks, haha
    Particularly enjoyed the camel toe story, shared that one with my cooks.