kitchen pranks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good timing. A couple hours back we sent the food runner across the street to a pizza joint to fetch the wood stretcher we loaned them:D

Oldie but a goodie...

A buddy of mine worked for a pretty cantankerous chef who would pull some ****** stuff, like sharpening the ticket stabber:shocked3:, and telling the waitstaff they had to drain all of the hot water out of the expresso machine to properly clean it...

Reduce demi, cool in quart, invert on plate, slice in 8ths, garnish with chocolate & berries...wait.

Had a lady in culinary school ask the Garde Manger Chef to borrow his sesame seed splitter. She forgot to pack the white sesame seeds and was freaking out because she knew ol Chef Pierre was going to be furious. I told her she could either use the black seeds and suffer the wrath or suck it up and ask Chef for the splitter. It's common knowledge that white sesame seeds come from splitting black ones, right?

Needless to say the chef blew up, laughed his ass off and she blew up at me. I think I recall some tears in there somewhere too...

On my coworkers birthday we told him we made a lemon meringue pie while he was at the store (this place ran out of stuff a lot). He was completely blown away and started to choke up. Then we flipped the pie, which consisted of whipped cream and pie tin, out of his hands and onto his face. He was demolished.

A line cook at my current job occasionally finds hush puppies that have been sitting in the fryer for hours. Just lightly dust with GP Flour, leave out in the wait station, and wait. Someone tries it every single time.

Piping some buttercream on the coffee puck that taps out of the espresso machine's handle, leave it in the path of servers it will usually get eaten.

Coat roasted-suckling pig eyeballs in ganache, place in cold expo/burnout: profit.

salmon skin in idiot cooks wallet. Sometimes they don't find it for weeks.

Tainted employee beverages. This is the only thing I've ever found Liquid Smoke useful for. If you leave your station during service-it's on!

Roux and Jelly sandwiches.

Pan spray on grill spatulas and/or anything with a handle when you walk away from your station.

Keys frozen in a 4 gallon deep cambro.

Ummmm Escolar-all u can eat!

Oh there's plenty more, I've just got to remember em all.

Corn starch and water in the bain if you leave it out after your shift... or during your shift.

Vinegar, salt, corn syrup in beverages.

Left somewhere they don't belong chef pants soaked in water and hung in the freezer.

Cryo-vac'd unattended sandwiches, candy, energy drinks, etc

Pan spray on grill spatulas and/or anything with a handle when you walk away from your station.

I could handle everything else just fine but, for this, if I was slammed, I would hunt you down, and I would kill you.

I could handle everything else just fine but, for this, if I was slammed, I would hunt you down, and I would kill you.
Yeah that; and as a person with food allergies, if you mess with my drink or my food the same result applies. All other shenanigans are fair game.

Thinking more about it, if you greased my spoons...may god have mercy on your soul.

Plastic wrap the pooper. Really tight to where you can't tell there's plastico there.

Bacon stretcher, the first place I worked was a pub that had a lot of college kids work foh.
All the restaurants in town were in on it, sending any gullible victim on a wild goose chase.
I think the record was five restaurants.

On my last job the other chef used to keep a box of corn starch in the bathroom to alleviate swamp-ass during the shift. So I used to spike it with ground white pepper. Same guy used to keep bottles of water in the lowboy. Sous would empty them out and refill with cheap vodka.

Tabasco in coffee. We have a new guy and someone took the skin off a pot of gravy and gave it to him, told him it was dulse

On my last job the other chef used to keep a box of corn starch in the bathroom to alleviate swamp-ass during the shift. So I used to spike it with ground white pepper.

As a big guy and dedicated corn starch devotee, that Sir, is pure ******* evil.

:devilburn::devilburn:

Tainted employee beverages. This is the only thing I've ever found Liquid Smoke useful for. If you leave your station during service-it's on!

Roux and Jelly sandwiches.

Keys frozen in a 4 gallon deep cambro.

Ummmm Escolar-all u can eat!

Oh there's plenty more, I've just got to remember em all.

Dude , it is all fine but giving people Escolar buffett :lol2:
do you want to watch them drip from their pants !!!!
There is a reason they don't serve that stuff in JP

I have played a few pranks, but reading this list I am impressed. This makes me glad I work alone in my shop.
Del

Oh great thread :)

There really are far too many but ill list some favourites

Liquid nitrogen poured into a full mop bucket muhahaha

Sneak up on someone & Crack an egg shell ( not an egg, just shell)) right in their ear. They will jump out of their skin in sounds so crazy.

The old look at this beautiful (insert various foods/sauce) good sir here smell the aromas. And proceed to wack them in the face with said item ... <-- only for the truly gullible

Smear the hotist chillis available on people's drinks or in their food, ( we ordered in specific prank chillis ;) )

Vinager in white drinks
Fish sauce in black drinks
Salt in all drinks

Vac pack people's stuff and freeze it in a massive block of ice.

Also on people's birthdays we have been hiding items ( locker key, knife case)
& leaving a series of complex clues & riddles to get then back ( gets very creative) only on a quiet day or tell them to come early for a supprize

I don't know if it qualifies as prank but we had a really rough week and my sous wasn't coping well. He supposed to do brunoise cucumbers but he cut them too big , I told him to get another batch done. He went to walk-in came with some cucumbers , laid them on his cutting board , lifted the knife up in the air and started satbbing , slicing them as if it was a scene from Kill Bill . I looked at him trying not loose my thing and asking him what da f he was doing. Appareantly he found some old slimy cucumbers that were destined for thrash and acted like he went nuts...:curse:

I made a kid empty the hot water from the coffee urns. Empty out all the steam from the espresso machine. Go look for the right handed gloves. Car keys frozen in a 5 gallon cambro. All the old classics.

Skim the scum off of anything. Put it on plate, garish with a nice drizzle of oil, maybe some fresh herbs - anything that makes it look like food. Leave on server station and say it's a new foam we're trying out.

Back