• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT/WTS fowler honesuki 154mm.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jai

Reaction score
hey guys I purchased this honesuki awhile ago and at the time I was deboning a lot of poultry shortly after I got the knife I changed jobs and now I work in a seafood resturaunt and have no need for this knife unfortunately.
it has been sharpened twice and polished once. I sharpened it when I bought it and polised the patina off and I sharpened it last night to get it ready for selling. the only use it has seen is about 30 chickens in one sitting that's literally all I got to do with it :(. takes a very keen edge its a little on the heavy side for a small knife but the weight helps with the cutting.

its single bevel 52100 steel and im not sure what the handle is made from sorry.
the spine is 6mm thick and the blade is 154mm

im looking to trade it for a fowler suji or a nice flat low tipped carbon suji a 270-300mm.
it cost me $350 plus around 30 dollars postage im willing to sell it for $300 + postage its basicly brand new with no patina. although it has a tiny bit off pitting very slight just under the shinogi line and choil I got most off it out with the last sharpen I did I think with one or 2 more sharpens it will be gone.
here are some picks off it now and some ones from when I got it.
sorry about my bad photos.
NMS_0179_zpsf314f536.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

NMS_0182_zps08cefe18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NMS_0187_zps093ae289.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NMS_0189_zps6d53b794.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
NMS_0188_zpse3d97e38.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

fowlerhonesuki_zps5c0750cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
fowlerhonesuki3_zpsd06578b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
fowlerhonesuki2_zps3330829d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's an awesone knife; I loce the heck outa tge custom that he made me.
Is the ura on that one actually hollow too? That's a pretty unique feature as most are just flat on the back

Wow, that is one sexy knife. If I had the money, and didn't think my lovely wife would use it on me once she found out I bought another knife I would buy it.

Last edited:
very gorgeous, love my fowler gyuto and have a fowler suji on the way. His knives aren't perfect but there's something really great about that fact which is hard to describe. Is there a slight over grind toward the heel or just the photos? GLWS I'd be all over it if marko wasn't working on one for me.

still up for sale guys its a really great knife.

I soo wish I had a trade or the cash, that knife calls to me. And I love chicken!

It would probably be gone if it was in the US. I just dont have patience to wait longer than 3 days for shipping after I pay for something. Speaking of which....RRRRRAAAAAWWWWRRRRR this weekend has been horrible.

Back