So, who knows about cars?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
So today I parked up at work, left my car where I usually do, then came back 12 hours later. When I came back, my front drivers wheel is all scratched up, it looks to have been pushed way back so that it's almost touching the wheel arch, and the mud flap is gone. I'm guessing someone clipped it.
I drove home slowly, because I'm pretty scared as I don't know anything about cars. The suspension seems to be harder, the car isn't pulling but my steering wheel isn't sitting right, rather than been at a - it's more like <, (just the bottom part of that) and there is a clicking going on. The noise gets worse when I have to turn or when I brake, and lessens when I accelerate. I'm going to a garage tomorrow hopefully, if I can get some time off work to drop my car in.
Anyone have a hint to what the problem is? I mainly want to know if I'm safe to drive this, I can't help but think a wheel is going to fall off..

you may need to get a front end alignment and have them check the front suspension. Your wheel may also be out of true if it was struck. could be a whole host of problems.

that's awful.

something is bent. i would guess lower and upper control arm.

what kinda car?

I would be hesistant to drive it anymore it until you can get it checked out. Wheel pushed in indicates possible control arm and/ or tie rod damage. Front wheel or 4WD? Then add to that possible axle damage. Bent strut? Wheel bearing, wheel hub, etc. Best you will probably find is slippage at location where camber is adjusted.

Get a police report filled out and report to insurance.

Never mind I thought you were in US.

Just a wild thought......more importantly... is it a case of sabotage? IF so.. it is a serious matter and precautions has to be taken.

Just one wheel moving back is unlikely . It has to be raised and the nuts and bolt loosened. But as you have said that when it parked it,it was OK, in a stationary position and with the handbrakes on, it simply cant happen by itself . It has to be raised and moved backwards.

Your ace mechanics shld be be able to shed more light.

take care. D

This ones almost sorted.. Cars in the shop getting fixed, hopefully get it back tomorrow sometime. The driveshaft is bent and rubbing against the chassis, so I can't drive it.. Still not sure how it actually happened, but what can you do..

This ones almost sorted.. Cars in the shop getting fixed, hopefully get it back tomorrow sometime. The driveshaft is bent and rubbing against the chassis, so I can't drive it.. Still not sure how it actually happened, but what can you do..

Just a thought... A drive shaft is not easily bent. a tremendous force wld be required. IF you are the only driver of this car.. you wld have known.. a strong hit on the curb, pot hole etc. Will not happen just by itself..

take care..D

Back