Quantcast
FS: 265mm Michael Rader Gyuto - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: FS: 265mm Michael Rader Gyuto

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Thanks again! All of you are completely nuts!!!!
    I can not and will not accept anyone's Rader!
    I think I am going to get on his list now and will enjoy working with Michael to create a blade of my own that I can save up and pay for myself. I've heard they cut better that way!

My reward for the PIF thing is in working with tons of knives and even getting to test-drive them for a while before I send them along to their home. I am constantly humbled and amazed by forum member's generosity. That is my reward!!!

Iceman, I'm sorry (but happy at the same time) that your sales thread turned into a love-fest. Please go ahead and mark this one SPF or sold! Sorry to stall a transaction, this was not my intention!
    Congrats to the buyer(singular) and seller!!!!!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Chris, the community here wants to do something nice for you. Please don't turn us down. You help so many others, and now others want to show you a bit of kindness in return.

You deserve it man. Just get over the fact you're probably going to get a Rader for being a selfless-good-dude

It's your turn, bud. Your turn!

I may have a solution that would work for all (especially Chris hopefully) I am pretty close to the top of Michaels list, but I also recently scored a Rader from Daniel & Drew at Epicurian Edge, I emailed Michael and he is happy for Chris to take my place in the line. So assuming everyone ( or the majority at least) who posted in this thread is cool with that scenario we could start to get the ball rolling. We would need to raise a few more dollars though without icemans discount. Thoughts?
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I got another twenty coming from a long lost and loved annonymous source.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

isnt this at over 1100 dollars now?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

We can't stop at the 1 yard line..!
    Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Thanks again! All of you are completely nuts!!!!
    I can not and will not accept anyone's Rader!
    I think I am going to get on his list now and will enjoy working with Michael to create a blade of my own that I can save up and pay for myself. I've heard they cut better that way!

My reward for the PIF thing is in working with tons of knives and even getting to test-drive them for a while before I send them along to their home. I am constantly humbled and amazed by forum member's generosity. That is my reward!!!

Iceman, I'm sorry (but happy at the same time) that your sales thread turned into a love-fest. Please go ahead and mark this one SPF or sold! Sorry to stall a transaction, this was not my intention!
    Congrats to the buyer(singular) and seller!!!!!

I like how this is coming together. VB, very nice of you to offer your spot to KnyfeKnerd! And this way KnyfeKnerd can get exactly the dream knife he wants. (PT, that was a very generous offer on your part as well!)

Knyfeknerd, you get points for your polite refusal of these offers, but I think you're getting overruled on this one!

I'm planning to send my money directly to Rader, it that sounds like the best way to proceed. This plan also gives a little more time for people to make their contributions. I'm pretty sure we'll hit the target before too long.

We should find out how much it would take to secure the dream knife from Rader, then start a "Go Fund Me" campaign with that dollar amount as the goal.

I'll pitch in $20 also. How do we do this?
    "Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something." -Jake the Dog

Just saw this. I'm in for $20 in whatever form this takes. Awesome people here.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson