• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

240 Hide Gyuto Blue #2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck239

Reaction score
Well, I really hate to put this knife up for sale but its time. Honestly, the only reason I'm selling it is because I also have a 270 Hide honyaki gyuto. I bought the honyaki because I loved this knife so much. This blue steel is fantastic! The knife was getting a little thick behind the edge so TK59 thinned the knife out for me quite a bit. It looks great and performs extremely well.

Asking $435

-Chuck
Hide8.jpg
Hide1.jpg
Hide2.jpg

Back to the top... My favorite blue steel knife I have owned... Great cutter, excellent edge retentions and easy to sharpen!

I hav the Gesshin hide and this has become my favorite knife, I believe this is similar to mine, the handle is iichi

IIRC in the first run there were only 5 or 6 of these and all were ho wood handle and saya.
I had one of the first run and it was a fantastic knife.
It cut like a boss and I loved the steel, it was extremely easy to sharpen and had very good retention.
The knife was a joy to use. Glws

I think this one is ho wood. Looks like a good thinning job done on this one.

It is a Ho wood handle. I hate to have this knife sit around at home. Someone deserves to use this. I wish more people used these knives because they deserve a ton more credit then they get!

New Price: $410

-Chuck

bump! willing to listen to trade offers 240-270 gyutos or a simitar....

I can't believe this one.... $385

This is a ton of knife for that kind of money.... This was one of my favorite knives for a long time. I honestly thought I would never sell this knife and then I bought the honyaki so this one has just been sitting around...

-Chuck

chuck I pmed you with a question but titled the message Hiro, and not hide. Sorry. Let me know.

I can't believe this one.... $385

This is a ton of knife for that kind of money.... This was one of my favorite knives for a long time. I honestly thought I would never sell this knife and then I bought the honyaki so this one has just been sitting around...

-Chuck

If I could justify this it would already be done.

Latest posts

Back