Quantcast
Forgecraft other products
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forgecraft other products

Forgecraft other products

The chef's knives are an absolute delight, I really love mine. But a lot of other forgies pop up on the bay at much more reasonable prices then the chefs knives, the cleaver and the vaguely scimitar shaped butcher knife for example. I don't hear much about these however. Can anybody tell me how good they are (especially the cleaver)?

TIA

really wish i could find a nice forgie or other antique at a good PRICE

i just saw 3 butcher knives (forgecraft) on craiglist SF. boning knives. i think he want $10 bucks for 3.

i have a butcherknife from forgecraft. got it in walnut creek at an antique fair for $5. i love it. it is a beater. i have butchered several wild pigs, and one elk with it. i actually had a buddy make a sheath for it, so i can carry it in my truck safely. the thing is sharp!! i just need to find a nice small steel for it and i would be able to handle most wild animals truckside.

here it is!!

I love the cleaver. If it had more of a flat spot it would be better but I still really enjoy using it. It's thinner than I expected it to be but not so much that you have to baby it. If you watch the bay you can get one for under $20.

Had the slicer I got from Lefty and a bullnose, like in the picture above, on a fishing trip and used them for breaking down shark and big redfish. So much better than SS knives for stuff like that. Very easy to get sharp and easy to keep them there.

+ Reply to Thread