Installment of Korin's newest sharpening wheel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
We got a new machine! :D

This new wheel is 1,500 pounds.

IMG_1512_zps2c4ff1df.jpg

My web manager who was helping getting the machine in: "You know those rescue documentaries about people saving baby elephants? Now I know how they feel. First world baby elephants."

IMG_1513_zpsa57ee86d.jpg

Must go in here... Some how.

IMG_1524_zps405a95b4.jpg

With the strength of about 10 men, our amazing warehouse guys lifted the machine up 2 steps. lol
Customers were trapped inside for a few minutes.

IMG_1536_zps06086737.jpg

Almost!

IMG_1549_zpsd7c7bdb6.jpg

Yaaay! This thing is a little wider than our old machine. I wonder if our sharpeners will have enough space...

Thanks for reading. :)

Where are the employees going to shower now?

Is it new? If so where would I be able to find one or even a used one?

As soon as I read this I felt sorry for the delivery guys trying to park over there:scared4:. What a beast of a machine, can I play with it Mari?

Is it new? If so where would I be able to find one or even a used one?

Yes, its new. :D We purchased our's Japan through Mr. Sugai's grand master. I'm not sure where you would be able to find a used one, but I would not recommend purchasing an older one. The reason we changed our's is because one of our vendors told us we are supposed to change the stone every 2 years, but we couldn't change the stone on our older machine.

As soon as I read this I felt sorry for the delivery guys trying to park over there:scared4:. What a beast of a machine, can I play with it Mari?

I know, me too! Not to mention, I was just taking picture because they wouldn't let me help.
The plug is different from our last one, so its actually not up and running yet. LOL

Yes, please come visit. :) I found out yesterday that these machines are actually all/mostly custom made.

Back