Quantcast
323mm Mizu Honyaki Wa Suji - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 323mm Mizu Honyaki Wa Suji

Must.... not... look... at thread....
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Thanks again everyone .

I must say that after I'd used it over the past few weeks, the stable patina set up an incredible base for the repolish. I'm very pleased .

Anyhow, the final sharpening is done, and I'm waiting for my epoxy to arrive (hopefully tonight), then its off to its new owner tomorrow!

I'll try to snap a few finished pictures to post up here before it goes out!
    I try to be the man I am..in times of broken lives. Shattered dreams and plans..standing up to fight. Pressures and demands..staring at the knife. Holding in your hands..

Lucky person!

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    Holy-smack-my-Lily-white-ass! How is this massive thing of beauty still available?
    You Sir, are a poet. Your ability to precisely, yet succinctly, summarize the exact emotional response to the visual impact of this knife is nothing short of amazing. Even more impressive, you wielded the language with such alacrity and ingenuity that this feat was accomplished with only six words and eight syllables. I say Bravo Sir, Bravo!

in other words...

Be well,
    Mikey
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by CrisAnderson27 View Post
    Thank you so much everyone! I very much appreciate the compliments and the bumps keeping the thread up. The blade is sold pending funds as of this morning .

I've been out of the forge for a few weeks, trying to get other things straightened out. My company had been out of work for a good while, and finally decided that they couldn't maintain their work force. Unfortunately I couldn't stay on waiting with no work, so I was one of the ones let go. I'm going to be catching up on orders this week (hopefully!), so be on the look out for more pretties in my thread .
    Chris, that is one of the sexiest looking sujis I have seen on this forum. That elongated choil...FABULOUS! You're not Michael Rader yet, but it sure looks like you know the steps you have to take to get there. I'm looking forward to your up coming pass around.

Be well,
    Mikey

P.S. I've heard the pros don't care fore them, but I think it would be even sexier with a kiritsuke style tip.

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by mkriggen View Post
    P.S. I've heard the pros don't care fore them, but I think it would be even sexier with a kiritsuke style tip.
    Does the k-tip do anything performance wise, or is it a case of aesthetics?

Can't speak for anybody else, but I just think they look bad-ass.
    On a long slicing suji I don't think the tip style actually matters as far as performance goes, you'r never going to use it anyway. On a Gyuto or a smaller suji a conventional tip is more versitile. If I was using one of them in a pro kitchen I would go with a pointy tip, but as a home cook I'm not pressed for time or space so I like the looks of the K-tip and I can just grab a petty if I need something pointy. This is only my opinion of course.

Be well,
    Mikey

Mikey

super!

+ Reply to Thread