D. Martell Gallery - Re-Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
We offer re-handling service for Japanese knives.

Here are a few examples of work that we've done...

**Please skip to the end (last page) of this thread to view my most recent work.

P1010014-5.jpg

P1010006-12.jpg

P1010010-3.jpg

P1010018-2.jpg

P1010013-2.jpg

P1010009-6.jpg

P1010001-10.jpg

P1010010-8.jpg

P1010006.JPG

p1010001.JPG

If you're interested in having similar work done to your knives please contact us at JapaneseKnifeSharpening.com to discuss details.

Base Cost $175 + materials (average is usually $25)

Last edited:
i need one :) do you have any materials i can pick from?

sveet !!! hopefully soon = very soon lolz

Shameless plug for Dave: if you don't have one, you need to get one. The craftsmanship is just top notch.

Rick, that's one of the bad things about leaving there, all that work down the crapper. I do need to get up some gallery type posts up here though, huh? I'll get on it, thanks for the reminder.

Emanuel ,Thanks for the plug!

We offer re-handling service for western handled Japanese knives.

Here are a few examples of work that we've done...

P1010013-2.jpg

Taken all together, handle and fantastic etch, THE most wicked Hiro AS ever....

Looks like this one was thinned a little as well... did you do this before you stopped thinning the ASes?

I can't remember but I think that I didn't thin it. Emanuel will have to answer this one.

Seriously, how did he get the patina that black and have it bleed even more into a gray then into the SS. Just beautiful. I'm in awe.

Yeehaw, I always liked to go look at the group buy galleries, now they are coming here. The etching is way cool. Dave are you still working on the group buy # 4, and are you still doing etching. I would love to get my hiro done.

Back