Quantcast
Gallery - Western Re-Handles - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallery - Western Re-Handles

Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    Taken all together, handle and fantastic etch, THE most wicked Hiro AS ever....

Looks like this one was thinned a little as well... did you do this before you stopped thinning the ASes?
    Actually, this was the blade that made Dave STOP thinning. His belt broke for the 2nd time on this blade. It's still a bada$$ blade. Every time I even just look at it, I start smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by unkajonet View Post
    Actually, this was the blade that made Dave STOP thinning. His belt broke for the 2nd time on this blade. It's still a bada$$ blade. Every time I even just look at it, I start smiling.
    Ah. So it's THIS guy's fault. Hah. It looked like the kanji had been worked back a little, that's why I asked. An amazing job and amazingly cool knife.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    Ah. So it's THIS guy's fault. Hah. It looked like the kanji had been worked back a little, that's why I asked. An amazing job and amazingly cool knife.
    Guilty as charged. I think Dave went above and beyond for me with this knife. And a big nod to Stefan for helping me find that handle.

Dave,

Beautiful job on the Nenox. What's the wood?

Rick

Hoo-haa! That is one delicious looking piece!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I can't recall what wood it is and since it was supplied by the customer I have no record of it. Maybe Rio will come along and help us out here.

BINGOOO !!! Dave, you promise me it would be a surprise but you gave me the link anyway, you knew i couldn't resist to sneak a peek on it don't you

btw it's an amboyna burl. i was searching two-toned wood all over and found this, i like the contrast between the two colors pretty good and deep, it just popped out in my eyes. thank you so much to make it happen Dave. can't wait to hold it and slice everything with it, especially after the blade got thinned now. i think this will make me stop buying another suji .

rio

You have a good eye for wood, Rio!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by riverie View Post
    Dave, you promise me it would be a surprise but you gave me the link anyway, you knew i couldn't resist to sneak a peek on it don't you

You have no willpower!

+ Reply to Thread