Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 799

Thread: Gallery - Re-Handles

  1. #711
    Senior Member TheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,182
    Dave,

    I'm trying to get to your store to scope out getting a few of my knives rehandled and get the below. Is it me or are you by chance having web problems?


    Hmm, we can't reach this page.
    Try this
    Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningstore.com
    Refresh the page
    Search for what you want


  2. #712
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,352
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Dave,

    I'm trying to get to your store to scope out getting a few of my knives rehandled and get the below. Is it me or are you by chance having web problems?


    Hmm, we can't reach this page.
    Try this
    Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningstore.com
    Refresh the page
    Search for what you want

    Lack of business had me close the store down.


  3. #713
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,352
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
    Dave: Camallia oil works great on the blades. What should be uses on your re-handles after some kitchen work to keep them in tip top condition?

    My older handles had nothing on them besides wax so that's what works best for them. If the handles have been in the last year or so then they're likely finished with some type of oil (linseed, tung, or a combination of other similar types). For the ones finished with oil there's nothing to do but trying not to scrub the finish away. If you want added protection some wood (not car) wax would be fine.

  4. #714
    Senior Member TheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Lack of business had me close the store down.
    Ugg. Sorry if I hit a sore spot mate...

    I'll PM you this weekend.

  5. #715

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15
    Thanks Dave for the info on the handle care. Still admiring your recent work on the Hiro's!

    Bill

  6. #716
    Senior Member DanHumphrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    676
    Am I actually on the list for this? I made some noise about it earlier this year, but I actually just ordered a Dragon, so if I'm not, please definitively put me on! And I'll have to start shopping for scales at BurlSource.
    actually named Mike

  7. #717
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,352
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHumphrey View Post
    Am I actually on the list for this? I made some noise about it earlier this year, but I actually just ordered a Dragon, so if I'm not, please definitively put me on! And I'll have to start shopping for scales at BurlSource.

    I just put you on the list Mike, thanks!

    PS - please see http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-A-Information for wood information before purchasing.

  8. #718
    Senior Member DanHumphrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I just put you on the list Mike, thanks!

    PS - please see http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...-A-Information for wood information before purchasing.
    Sweet, and thanks for the heads up on the wood Q&A. Just as well, because he gets more/ better blocks than scales. What's the timeframe looking like, roughly?
    actually named Mike

  9. #719
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    12,352
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHumphrey View Post
    What's the timeframe looking like, roughly?

    I'm hesitant to even guess Mike.

  10. #720
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    987
    Thanks guys! This is really appreciated!

    Mark.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •