• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Harner 10 inch Gyuto Carpenter XHP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck239

Reaction score
Up for sale is a 10 inch gyuto in Carpenter XHP steel. The knife is basically brand new, only used a few times and sharpened once by me and once by JKI. $550

Harner1.jpg
Harner2.jpg
Harner4.jpg

-Chuck

I had the luxury of using one that was very similar, and it was pure pleasure to cut with.

One thing I can say for sure about Butch's handles is that they always make a lot of sense when you get them in your hand.
+1
especially his westerns. You will feel like a badass when you hold this knife in your hand.
Will probably have the urge to kill some zombies. The guys at work just walk by and pick mine up sometimes and get all jacked up!

Yep the handle is made for pinch gripping, hence why the handle goes up into a swell. Believe me when you pick one up, even after a few hours, it seems like it is a part of you. You never want to put it down again.

Well, I'll bump this to the top. If it doesn't sell, wont bother me. I just received this knife recently and waited several years to get one. Sadly, Butch isn't making a ton of chef knives these days from what I have seen.

-Chuck

really interesting home made micarta. I wonder how you clamped it in that pattern

really interesting home made micarta. I wonder how you clamped it in that pattern

Butch's mycarta might be made in his shop, but his level of quality is way above what people expect of "Homemade". There's nothing homemade about Butch's mycarta.

Man, I should have pushed to get this in the trade! Love this knife. My Harner nakiri is one of the most badass knives I own. His work is really high quality and this is a great price. GLWS, I am staying away for now...

Can't beleive this is still here... If only i had the money, That mycarta is stunning :bigeek:

Can't beleive this is still here... If only i had the money, That mycarta is stunning :bigeek:

Not only is it stunning to look at but Butch's handles are an absolute pleasure to hold. I've never picked up a Harner that didn't feel like it was part of my hand.

Visually you would think his handles wouldn't Feel right, but once you get in you hands, they are Amazing. I was able to handle a few at ECG and was blown away by how well they worked in various grips. Butch's work it's top notch IMHO

Alright, one more try... $500. Like new, sharpened once harner gyuto.

-Chuck

Dammit I am sending a pm...looks like I may have to open a for sale thread soon or I may be sleeping on the street with a knife

Dammit I am sending a pm...looks like I may have to open a for sale thread soon or I may be sleeping on the street with a knife

Give me first refusal if you plan on getting rid of it... That thing has been on my mind since it came up.

Congrats to the buyer and seller, that is a great looking knife.

Pachowder, your inbox is full. Clear some space!

Back