Thread: Throwin Sparks.

Throwin Sparks.

This week I started grinding a few blades.. That was the original pan anyways.. Then I went on a grinding spree..
    Shaping, rough grinding, heat treating and finish grinding and polishing 15 blades One of which is a 21" long chopper. Thats like grinding a couple knives all in one! .

My hands are thrashed. and my back is a little sore. But, Man! The feeling as I look at all these blades and the pile of steel dust on the shop floor. makes me smile!

When your on a roll. Sometimes ya just gota stay at it and ride it out!!

I closed out the week with a shop visit from a local farmer. He needed some tools forged . Tire spoons he called them. They are BIG A$$ pry bars with a forged end.. Use to remove and re apply tractor tires onto the rims. It was a fun project and I enjoyed talking with him for a few hours as I worked to forge out and hardened 3 different size tire spoons for him.

Hope you all had a good week and are enjoying your weekend!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Sounds like fun. Always good to try stiff you haven't done before. Sounds like a great weekend so far.

I'm sure you're always up for the challenge! Pics by chance?
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I didnt think to take any photos. The largest ones were about 60" long and started as a 1 1/2" round bar of steel. The ends were forged into a spoon shape without the bowl per say, yet with a curve. The tool is to get under a bead of a tire without doing damage to the tube inside or the rim or rubber tire.

Was a fun challenge and I made a few of each size. Guess hes gona stock up or he may be sharing with his farmer buddys? lol that sorta sounds weird.

The smallest ones are more for tires the size of a truck. and were made from 3/4" round bar and were only about 24" long

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Pics or it never happened! AWESOME STUFF, BROTHER!

Chef, Here is a few images of some of the resulting knives! I wish I would of taken a picture or 10 of the tire tools I forged for him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0685 (800x479).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	25737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0679 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	255.8 KB 
ID:	25736  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0701 (800x504).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	25738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0717 (800x516).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	246.9 KB 
ID:	25739  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0724 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	25740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0723 (800x533).jpg 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	25741  

Availible Knives

Randy, you are my hero! Please, please, please forge me a nice feather damascus tire spoon! I have the changing machine but need to pick up a spoon so I can start changing tires myself. This is awesome!

STUNNING!!! No wonder the HHH knives are my favorite!!! 8-)