Quantcast
VOTE now on what handle material will be on your HHH 240mm Gyuto!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VOTE now on what handle material will be on your HHH 240mm Gyuto!

VOTE now on what handle material will be on your HHH 240mm Gyuto!

OK guys and gals. Im doing a second round of 240mm chef knives. and plan to do a fair number of them in a custom G-10 that I had made. Its a gona be 2 color Toxic Green and Hunters orange.

Now I understand these bright colors and or the combination of them may not be for everyone and thats OK. I know when there done many will like them.

So, I would also like to offer a second choice. Here are 5 possibilities. I borrowed the images from my buddy Tracy at USA knifemakers supply to help show the material options. Thanks T.

So here are the choices.

1. Black on Black G-10.

2. Black and green G-10

3. Black and Grey G-10

4. Natural Canvas marcarta

5. Green, brown and black Canvas

Please feel free to share your thoughts. and select one or more that you would like to see on a 240 Gyuto!

I also will be following this batch of 240's with a Petty and a pairing knife combo. and may be able to offer same handle materials on them as I do on these. So you could build a small set if desired. Or Mix and match to have some FLAVOR!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

My votes not in your top 5 are

Custom Coffee Bag Micarta (Used on a prototype Midway, Very Cool look)
    Natural Canvas Micarta
    Bone Paper Epoxy Micarta.

If I had to vote on your choices it would be Natural Canvas Micarta

rogue. Thank you for adding that. There is a reason the coffee bag is not on my list. The coffee bag micarta is a very limited supply. The cost is also about double. maybe a bit more then double per knife. SO..... because its a limited supply. I dont think I could get enough of it to do even half of the knives being made.

Natural Canvas Micarta. for you!

Blessings

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Black and gray

Canvas micarta

I like the natural canvas micarta a little bit more than the others, but those are some very nice options that could all work beautiful with your shaped handles.

Canvas by far. I also liked the green you did

Turbo. Im also offering a limited number of Toxic GREEN and hunters ORANGE G-10 similar to this image..

So to be clear. I plan to offer at least 2 handle material options to choose from. First will be the Toxic GREEN and hunters ORANGE and second is to be determined.

If I was to make the choice tonight, based on the few replies to this thread. I would have to go with the natural canvas..

On a side note. Rouge.. Im checking on availability and pricing for some of the Custom Coffee Bag Micarta.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	production Chef Handle.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	23700  

Availible Knives

COFFEE BAG is gona be a option.

Give me a days or two. To work out the details. Once I know exactly how many I can offer with coffee bag handles. Ill start a new pre buy post on the site where you guys that want Coffee bag can get your order in!

Availible Knives

I'm generally a conservative, pinstripe kind of guy when it comes to aesthetics (the dramatic exception being modern art), so as far as I'm concerned the more conservative the better (and therefore, as you might imagine, anything with orange, or even green, would be at the bottom of my personal list). So I guess my order would be 3,1,4,2,5.