• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Cut Brooklyn 240 Prospect Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc4pt0

Reaction score
240 Cut Brooklyn Prospect Gyuto in 52100

Good solid cutter with excellent distal taper. Overall form and feel is fantastic. Balance is right before Maker's mark. Saya included.

Looking for $525 with conus shipping and PayPal fee included.

I'm not excited about selling this, but needs the dough. I think the photos below might show some of the love I have towards this one. Meh, when DT calls, you make room.

DSC_1353_zps0b84a985.jpg

DSC_1352_zpsfc876cf7.jpg

DSC_1348_zps64c0d29e.jpg

DSC_1343_zps529bd5e1.jpg

DSC_1342_zps887ab4e3.jpg

DSC_1340_zps47a319c1.jpg

DSC_1338_zpsf3fa3b47.jpg

20130130_141705_zpsa082bd7b.jpg

20130205_230449_zps6e07705b.jpg

Oh my god... what a pretty thing! Good luck selling this, it's way above my available budget atm.

Looks great! The saya has me scratching my head a bit, but it is cool. I want to try one of Joel's knives sometime.

Looks great! The saya has me scratching my head a bit, but it is cool. I want to try one of Joel's knives sometime.

What's odd about the saya, the paint or shape?

I think it's pretty neat actually. Kinda modern, and fits well with the knife.

Don, the saya reminds me of something Batman would use! Haha. It's nice, just very different. Joel's grind looks like it's gettin better, and better....

The more I look at this knife, the more I like it. And I'm not a fan of man-made handle materials at all, but this just works. It looks like it is a great cutter.
Something tells me you might regret selling this one later........
..........but Devin calls!

Don, the saya reminds me of something Batman would use! Haha. It's nice, just very different. Joel's grind looks like it's gettin better, and better....

Now I can't unsee it. It's definitely a batman saya.

I have a prospect in orange as well, although AEB-L steel. great knife, very tough, and a good cutter. I like it quite a bit - this one looks absolutely brilliant and I'm tempted... but have monies going other directions at the moment. GLWS!

Should prob add that I will certainly ship overseas or anywhere. There just might be a little extra charge for shipping...

If anyone has a Del 240 gyuto in Damascus that would like to trade for this Beautiful guy, I'm in.

I'll trade you a draft pick that ends up being Tyler Seguin, any day. Kessel rules!

Maple Leafs Spam! :D

Seriously, though, I'd trade you something if I could.

So, through a long story, this guy is back up for sell again. It has been thinned, spine and choil rounded, and polished. Even better cutter now. I'll post pics of the polished knife tonight. Asking $420, shipping and paypal included in this price.

Looking to move this guy. Aggressive price drop to $375. Overseas shipping may add a bit to this.

Are the pictures on the first page of it following the thinning and spine and choil rounding?

Yes. And Currently it is all polished and freshened up as well.

I can't believe this thing is still around. I think about it occasionally, wish I had the $$$. It's a really good deal. Definitely my favorite of all the CB's I've seen.
GLWS

PS-Everybody say hello to 2 of Marc's toes!

What's odd about the saya, the paint or shape?

I think it's pretty neat actually. Kinda modern, and fits well with the knife.

It's very similar (conceptually) to the one you made for me, actually...that was the first thing I thought when I saw it :)

Back