Carter on OCC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
Just got the newsletter form Carter Cutlery. He said Orange County Choppers wants to build a knifemaker's bike with some kind of input from him. They charge a CRAZY amount of money, but that is a pretty big ad for a knife maker. You guys think this would be a good thing exposure-wise, or would it just portray the normal bastardized image of knives and knife making? Plus I doubt kitchen cutlery would really play any part.

Also, since he's not going to make it to Blade, he's having a 25% off sale with free shipping! Yoinks! Bad time to be broke for me...

Is it active now or just during the blade show?

If anyone cares, it looks like Murray has been listening to the complaints about the low-grade handles on the SFGZ series knives, and is introducing an option:

"Stainless Fukugozai Ebony (Ho) Handle Series
Murray's new series of Kitchen Cutlery, by popular demand! Same as the Stainless Fukugozai Series but with either an ebony or ho wood handle."

Rick

Well, Øivind, that is the one I got. I was looking at a nakiri, but decided on this one. I have a nice Stefan handle wanting a home for it too.

k.

K.,

Just watch out taking the old handle off. Murray epoxies the HG series handles, so you're probably looking at splitting it in half to get it off. That's what Marko had to do with the one he rehandled for me.

Rick

Well, Øivind, that is the one I got. I was looking at a nakiri, but decided on this one. I have a nice Stefan handle wanting a home for it too.

k.

Nice. Congrats!
Looking forward to pics. And its a bargain for a "MS" knife.

Wow! Talk about a sale! Virtually all of his wa handled knives are gone.
Think he'll get the hint about the SFGZ RH line?
Whoever grabbed the sfgz and kurouchi lines at 25% off really got great knives for the price!

BAH! I really don't need to spend more money on knives right now. There are a couple that are quite tempting though.

Does anyone have any experience with the kitchen shears?

I was watching they neck knife, Evan! Nice grab!

I was following this a bit during yesterday and really was not going to buy anything. I had no reason. But then at around 4:30 am last night I changed my mind. O well, I have a new carter to go with my IP pro. It will be interesting to see how the high grade series compares to the IP and the sfgz knife I used to own.

I'm glad to be an enabler here, but I really wanted to know what you guys thought about the OCC thing.

Think he would try to get attention for kitchen knives at all? Seems kinda crazy, doing a Carter bike.

Sounds like it will only happen if the Inner Circle Members pony up $350k...

Lol I really wanna say FAT CHANCE! But, then some people pay over 20k for a Kramer on ebay...

Is that really what one of those OCC bikes costs?

Back