Family is Growing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Another TW-90 grinder should be on its way soon. This one is going to be used for wood and leather exclusively. There will be more equipment coming over the next 6-12 months, a scary thought and a financial burden, but a necessity to stay competitive and to do all work in-house.

M

Another TW-90 grinder should be on its way soon. This one is going to be used for wood and leather exclusively. There will be more equipment coming over the next 6-12 months, a scary thought and a financial burden, but a necessity to stay competitive and to do all work in-house.

M

“Never was anything great achieved without danger.”
― Niccolò Machiavelli

Should be here in two weeks

Here is a demo video of a machine I ordered:

[video=youtube;z5c-uSYmT9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5c-uSYmT9E[/video]

wow they needed to turn on auto focus. I wanted to see the stitching better. Other than that I think it's a good looking machine. Hope it is better than what you are needing.

wow they needed to turn on auto focus. I wanted to see the stitching better. Other than that I think it's a good looking machine. Hope it is better than what you are needing.

This is exactly a machine I need. The stitch quality on this Chinese-made clone of Juki 441 is as good as German's Adler or Pfaff or Japanese Juki machines, but it is less than half-price than either one.

Leather is a new territory for me - learning curve and the new market, so the less financial exposure, the better. All in all, I am very excited. There are limitations what one can do without proper tools.

Sayas and rolls are coming!

M

I'm super jealous, I do mine by hand. Sometimes it keeps me from making them, on my day off my hands aren't exactly willing all of the time, they get enough work. This looks like a good machine, is it making a saddle stitch? I can't tell, I have never even used a sewing machine of any kind.

How come it would only be wood and leather exclusive? Is it just how your production system is set up?

I actually changed my mind and put the second grinder in the basement. Initially I thought of hooking up one grinder to dust extraction system and make it wood/leather exclusive, but then thought of it as too impractical, as the grinder would see little use.

M

The sewing machine arrived.

I still need to do some work in the room (the heat is just being brought in, and I haven't plastered and painted it yet), but hope the down time is going to be short and leather goods will be coming soon.

Thanks,

Marko

Very good (given the age) condition. Now quick refurb and to work. I needed this machine to split leather for saya strap to keep a knife in.

M

20140514_120202_resized.jpg

20140514_120219_resized.jpg

20140514_120236_resized.jpg

About inch and a half. I need to split 1/2 - 5/8 wide strips of leather for scabbard straps.

This splitter was completely disassembled, sand-blasted, repainted and now it is in a top-notch working condition. I am not sure how old it is, but won't be surprised if it is 100 years old or maybe older. Mechanically it is as sound as the day it was made. Love old US-made equipment.

Before
Splitter Before 2.jpg

Splitter Before 3.jpg

Splitter Before 4.jpg

Splitter Before 5.jpg

Splitter Before 6.jpg

Splitter Before 1.jpg

After

20140613_132326.jpg

20140613_132334.jpg

20140613_132404.jpg

20140613_132350.jpg

Nice restoration, I love tools! How's the blade on that old one, good shape or did you have to fix or make a new one?

Nice restoration, I love tools! How's the blade on that old one, good shape or did you have to fix or make a new one?

The blade is OK, but short, so it needs to be shimmed to get it close to the leather. I will end up making a new one at some point.

Latest posts

Back