Quantcast
Cryogenic treatment of O1 question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cryogenic treatment of O1 question

Devin also knows many knife maker or/and expert on particular steels maker in US and he talks to a lot of people, so yes, his advice is GOLDEN.

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

....and if you don't follow it, and it doesn't work out, he will remind you weeks later that he told you so!!

Quote Originally Posted by watercrawl View Post
    ....and if you don't follow it, and it doesn't work out, he will remind you weeks later that he told you so!!
    I do it with love though.

I've made knives for 33 years. I think that is longer than any other kitchen knife maker.

There has been tons of mis information out there and lots of people have been making things up as they go and calling it the gospel of knife making. I'm just trying to save some of you the heart ache I've been through.

Love and respect

Hoss

Thanks, Hoss! I followed your directions to the letter and am now ready to start grinding. The blade came out nice and straight. I would like to know how long to leave the blank in the cryo bath, though. In an effort to make sure that it was cold as it was going to get I left it in for a bit over 10 minutes. It was very cold when I fished out!
    Thanks again for your advice!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

30 minutes is standard.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    I do it with love though.
    And that's why I keep calling!

+ Reply to Thread