little Brother!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
Hi guys here is the little brother to the tri color gyoto with ebony handle that I posted the other day.

Blade length: 3.30 in.
Total length: 7.20 in.
Blade width: 0.72 in.
Blade thickness: 0.06 in.
Item weight: 2.00 oz.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

thanks for looking!!

This parer is too cool. Going with its big brother?

Thanks Fellas.

I spent 14 years as a firefighter and this blades reminds me of the fire snakes you see in the smoke clouds just before a flashover happens.

Wait. You were a firefighter?

Yeh 14 years but as a voluntier (we all were) in salmon Id. went to Fire School every year to learn things like fire behavior etc.. I was also an instructor for the flash over trailor. This is a semi trailor that can be configured like a room in a house or trailor. you put different furnishings and walls in it the get inside wearing full protective gear and start a fire. the trainees get to watch what happens right up to thetime that the whole room bursts into flames at once or Flashes over. the temp spikes at 16-1800 degrees. the idea is to learn to cool the fire below the flash over temps but avoid bringing a steam blanket down onto the firemen and not let them totally bake. It is a very scary/erie thing to do.

Bill, I knew I liked you. There have been tons of studies, and a fire that I got caught in (chimney effect) has changed a lot of fire attack methods in our department. Some of my defensive actions that were pure instinct have been tested by UL, and we now straight stream the crap out of any unburned fuel load (smoke), to keep temps from reaching that point. Forward cooling will save lives. It also doesn't steam the guys below, but creates a more "neutral" temp throughout. The days of intermittent straights into the upper layer might be gone, and replaced by "cool what is dangerously hot". Teachings similar to what you likely taught are coming back, and it's a damn good thing.

Sorry to derail the thread. Beautiful knife, as always.

Thanks lefty.

I really loved doing the flashover training.

Latest posts

Back