Views:	43
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	20078

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP4192.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	20079

Not bad, eh? Sorry about the tiny images inthe previous post -- when I realized the mistake it was already too late to go back and edit :-(

BTW, I want to thank ChucktheButcher for lending me some knives from Pierre, Randy, Del and Butch to help me supplement what the makers sent and what I was putting out there from my own collection. It really helped illustrate the wide range of knives, etc. these great craftsmen can produce. Neither of us has a Tsourkan yet though, so I was mainly using the walnut DMT plate holder/ base to illustrate some of his beautiful work.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    ohbewan - Maple is the hardest and heaviest, cherry is the softest and lightest. Walnut is in between. The color of maple is kind of bland where cherry and walnut are far more striking in appearance.

Chuckthebutcher - Somehow I don't think the brick pattern board you purchased at the show will make it to its final destination, at least without a test drive. I like those brick pattern boards but they are a pain to make and keep aligned.

If anyone is ever in Alexandria, please go to The Green Pig Bistro. Chuck and his staff are first rate and the food is outstanding. You will not be disappointed.

I'll go one step further. If you are in Alexandria and would like to see some BoardSmith boards in person, please do not hesitate to contact me. Same goes for knives by the makers we had on display at the booth. I'd like to say I have a Steve Goodson roll at my house to show off, but I have not pulled the trigger on one yet as I only need to travel with knives once or twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    ...The color of maple is kind of bland where cherry and walnut are far more striking in appearance.
    Sorry David but my Maple board has plenty of color and detail and is very striking in appearance! So quit speaking of which you do not know of! Love that board!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamaroot View Post
    Sorry David but my Maple board has plenty of color and detail and is very striking in appearance! So quit speaking of which you do not know of! Love that board!
    Understand!

I would like to second Boardsmith's comments about Wildboar's enthusiastic and knowledgeable discussions with many attendees about the knives he had on display. I know I learned some stuff

Boardsmith's boards are amazing in person. I am hoping my big present this Christmas is a 16 x22 board of Walnut and Cherry.

+ Reply to Thread